• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017-18 Men's College Basketball Thread (NWT)

Fuck it. He has the presence and mannerisms of a real coach. Passes the eye test. Hire him.

TBH, 32 is plenty.

No, 32 was when it sucked. Because you pretty much had to win your conference tourney to get in. 64 is the correct number. That said, I don't think they're going to scale back to 64. Tourney fields widen, they don't shrink.

No, 32 was when it sucked. Because you pretty much had to win your conference tourney to get in. 64 is the correct number. That said, I don't think they're going to scale back to 64. Tourney fields widen, they don't shrink.

Not if you take the 32 best teams. WGAF about winning some stupid 3 or 4 day tournament. Every team in the Big South sucks and doesn’t n Ed to be playing for a national championship.

Not if you take the 32 best teams. WGAF about winning some stupid 3 or 4 day tournament. Every team in the Big South sucks and doesn’t n Ed to be playing for a national championship.

Sugar Man disagrees with this hot take

ATS, thanks for convincing me to go with Kentucky over Arizona winning the South.

I enjoyed watching the Davidson game last night. They were undermanned, but they held it together and took Kentucky to the last minute or so. And had Aldridge hit a couple of those 3 attempts, maybe they could have pulled it out. I love when Davidson comes here to play UVA. They always lose to a more talented UVA team, but they always execute their offense against the packline better than 90% of the teams who come here. There have only been a small handful of coaches whose teams I've really enjoyed watching - Tony Bennett and Bo Ryan probably the foremost. But I'd throw McKillop's teams into that mix as well. They're fun to watch in terms of offensive execution.

ATS, thanks for convincing me to go with Kentucky over Arizona winning the South.

I enjoyed watching the Davidson game last night. They were undermanned, but they held it together and took Kentucky to the last minute or so. And had Aldridge hit a couple of those 3 attempts, maybe they could have pulled it out. I love when Davidson comes here to play UVA. They always lose to a more talented UVA team, but they always execute their offense against the packline better than 90% of the teams who come here. There have only been a small handful of coaches whose teams I've really enjoyed watching - Tony Bennett and Bo Ryan probably the foremost. But I'd throw McKillop's teams into that mix as well. They're fun to watch in terms of offensive execution.

Agree with this, but would add Bob Huggins to your list of coaches whose teams are instructive to watch. Although a entirely different style than Bo Ryan or Bennett; their press and pressure defense is awesome to see. There is a reason why UVA plays them. Bennett learned from the painful loss to Cuse two years ago, and he wanted his team to have prepared against the best pressing team in the nation (btw, WV is the only team that outplayed UVA all year).

Agree with this, but would add Bob Huggins to your list of coaches whose teams are instructive to watch. Although a entirely different style than Bo Ryan or Bennett; their press and pressure defense is awesome to see. There is a reason why UVA plays them. Bennett learned from the painful loss to Cuse two years ago, and he wanted his team to have prepared against the best pressing team in the nation (btw, WV is the only team that outplayed UVA all year).

While I agree with you, I hate Huggins. And agree that that's why UVA plays them. Though I'd add that Louisville and maybe BC have outplayed UVA as well.

Yurtseven granted release from NC State, either transferring or going pro.

That is a little odd. Didn't think he needed a release to go pro. Is he just hedging against the pro contract - if he doesn't like what he gets offered, he can play at another college?

Or is he flat out transferring away from the next great ACC coach?

In the "some things never change" file, a number of posters on Pack Pride have suggested he's leaving because his PT would drop next season. :bowrofl:

Apparently a stat line of 15 pts/7 boards/2 blocks per game in ACC play isn't good enough to earn starter minutes going forward at State.

Wonder where their 2nd team would finish in the ACC in 2018-2019?

In the "some things never change" file, a number of posters on Pack Pride have suggested he's leaving because his PT would drop next season. :bowrofl:

Apparently a stat line of 15 pts/7 boards/2 blocks per game in ACC play isn't good enough to earn starter minutes going forward at State.

Wonder where their 2nd team would finish in the ACC in 2018-2019?

They must have the "stealth" Duke level class coming in. That is guys who are as good or better than the guys on Duke's upcoming freshmen class, just made up of all under the radar guys.

Missouri State hired Dana Ford from Tennessee State.

Steve Woodberry was a rumored candidate for that job (with ties to the program), so it would appear as though he's not going anywhere.

Others may have more info on this... I remember someone saying an assistant might leave and I assumed it was related to this.

That is a little odd. Didn't think he needed a release to go pro. Is he just hedging against the pro contract - if he doesn't like what he gets offered, he can play at another college?

Or is he flat out transferring away from the next great ACC coach?

that's the feel i have. going pro unless he gets some soul crushingly bad reviews, and then would probably be best to go to a place centered around him.

Good player, like him a lot. I think it's to both his and Keatt's credit that Y7 was able to improve so much with a system that isn't really suited for him. Especially defensively

State's Y7 to transfer to Georgetown to play for Patrick Ewing who he calls the "best big man coach."

Wait, what? Not DM??! :tard:

State's Y7 to transfer to Georgetown to play for Patrick Ewing who he calls the "best big man coach."

Wait, what? Not DM??! :tard:

Came here to post this. So he’s leaving State to sit a year and play for GTown. Odd.

Yep. Would have thought he'd leave to test the NBA draft waters rather than sit for a year.

Came here to post this. So he’s leaving State to sit a year and play for GTown. Odd.

From everything i've heard he's just securing a backup plan if the feedback he gets from putting his name in the draft is just terrible. I'd be shocked if he isn't a pro (somewhere) next season.

From everything i've heard he's just securing a backup plan if the feedback he gets from putting his name in the draft is just terrible. I'd be shocked if he isn't a pro (somewhere) next season.

His backup plan does not require him to transfer.

Back