• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017-18 Men's College Basketball Thread (NWT)

Seems like a long time ago, but yes, losing in the ACC Semifinals was a huge disappointment that year.

That was a rotten posteason all around. Underrated WF postseason flameout. Seemed like we were en fuego, then we played like crap in all four games after winning the reg season crown.

The rare season where we probably significantly outplayed our performance level though, so maybe that finally caught up with us

Last edited:
May well have snuck a 1 if we won both over an OU or Texas. Down ACC, but we only had 4 losses at the end of the regular season.

Also woulda been a good year to have NC host the first and second round. But alas

As an alumni of Both WFU and Clemson, and as someone who doesn't follow basketball all that much until March Madness, what is yalls opinion of Clemson's coach Brad Brownell? Hired in 2010, he has an overall record of 146-110 (66-72 in conference) with 1 NCAA tournament appearance in his first season (2nd will be this season), along with 2 NIT appearances in 2014 and 2017. I'd say he's down pretty good with what he has. Knowing that Clemson is far from a basketball school. Just curious as having been at wake during the Chris Paul era and attending games in the Joel that were crazy and exciting.

Brownell has done a heck of a job this year with the team he has. He was rumored to be on the chopping block after last season, and in one year he's done a lot to repair his reputation.

I still think he's probably one bad year away from being shown the door, though.

Yeah he's not bad. Seems like maybe the ACC is slightly above his level. Like a Jeff Jones I think he'd probably clean up in a smaller conference

As an alumni of Both WFU and Clemson, and as someone who doesn't follow basketball all that much until March Madness, what is yalls opinion of Clemson's coach Brad Brownell? Hired in 2010, he has an overall record of 146-110 (66-72 in conference) with 1 NCAA tournament appearance in his first season (2nd will be this season), along with 2 NIT appearances in 2014 and 2017. I'd say he's down pretty good with what he has. Knowing that Clemson is far from a basketball school. Just curious as having been at wake during the Chris Paul era and attending games in the Joel that were crazy and exciting.

His teams play solid D. He's an okay recruiter, and his teams will make the NCAAs occasionally when his 3* recruits work out or when he has a kid like Blossingame. He had 2 good stints at Wright St and UNCW, and I thought at the time that he was a solid hire for a non-hoops school like Clemson. And has done pretty darn well there. I doubt Clemson will finish 1st in the conference anytime soon because they'll never have those kind of horses, but he should keep Clemson competitive. I think of him as Tony Bennett Lite.

LOL, ACC between semi announcers were just discussing Theo Pinson's double double in Carolina's victory over Syracuse "in the first round" I guess our own version of "First Six" ACC style.

And this is one of the reason I no longer like Bilas. 'Is it just because it was Grayson?'. I mean it was a clear hip check especially on replay. Any player in the league would be called for that.

Can't wait for the first inadvertent elbow so Bilas can lecture the world on how unfair it is.

Maybe they can run the kaye interview at half time that we got to see nearly every week?

Nice dook d. Notice they went for the flop.

Lol these officials are so bad. This is what happens when you get TV teddy and eades working the same game.

I'm watching the SEC and Big 12 games, because it's impossible to watch these two asshole teams play. I hated UNC before, but I will never get over that bullshit lawyering they received to avoid any kind of penalty, and the lack of the media to call them on it. And who can like Duke, particularly with that psycho Allen as their leader. So hope the Wahoos wax the floor with either of these.

Grayson Allen is still a little biotch...K zone is absolutely terrible.

35 minutes played and Duke's bench has zero points. The 5 star recruits who ride the pine in Durham and don't transfer are the biggest cucks.

Back