• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 College Football Coaching Carousel

According to UT beat writers, Tennessee is apparently focusing on:
Venerables (Clemson OC)
Steele (Auburn DC)
Tucker (UGA DC)
Pruitt (Bama DC)

They've interviewed all once and I believe the bottom three twice.

Vol board saying it looks like Pruitt. Predictable responses from those nut jobs.

Vol board saying it looks like Pruitt. Predictable responses from those nut jobs.

Considering their situation, Pruitt would be solid. They aren't the program they were 20 years ago. Any prestige UT might have had left was eaten by Fulmer in retirement.

What do they think they're going to get at this point? Their whole coaching "search" has been such a crap fest, they're lucky to get a semi-compotent coach.

Considering their situation, Pruitt would be solid. They aren't the program they were 20 years ago. Any prestige UT might have had left was eaten by Fulmer in retirement.

Wasn't Pruitt the guy who had to move from FSU to Georgia because he had an affair with a student?

Sounds like Chad Morris to Arkansas.

Interesting to see how Vol fans would reconcile that behavior with the two decade old unsubstantiated double hearsay implication that Vol nation used to torpedo Schiano and undermine their AD.

Interesting to see how Vol fans would reconcile that behavior with the two decade old unsubstantiated double hearsay implication that Vol nation used to torpedo Schiano and undermine their AD.

Cheating on your fiancee and abetting child molestation aren't even in the same ballpark. Of course, there's no evidence that Schiano did such a thing, so . . . whatever.

I wouldn't be wild about the Pruitt hire if I were a UT fan. He's been a coordinator for only five years but has always had a top defense. Was only at FSU for one year btw. I wasn't exactly blown away by his work at Georgia. No doubt he can recruit to Alabama and Georgia though.

Hey it's that Temple troll from last year. Gotten over that ass whipping yet? You guys are bowling against a school that sounds like the name of an airport this year, so you'll have a better chance.

Last edited:
I know most fan bases want a high powered offense these days but it seems to me that the Vols wouldn't go wrong with a strong presence like Clemson DC Brent Venables. He is a wild man on the side lines and would be an awesome recruiter. I would focus on him after this cluster f**k they have had and the undermining of everything Currie tried to do. They should have just hired Fulmer 8 months ago and everybody would have been happy in Vol Nation.

I know most fan bases want a high powered offense these days but it seems to me that the Vols wouldn't go wrong with a strong presence like Clemson DC Brent Venables. He is a wild man on the side lines and would be an awesome recruiter. I would focus on him after this cluster f**k they have had and the undermining of everything Currie tried to do. They should have just hired Fulmer 8 months ago and everybody would have been happy in Vol Nation.

you can say fuck on here

Pruitt is super immature for a man his age, btw.

I know most fan bases want a high powered offense these days but it seems to me that the Vols wouldn't go wrong with a strong presence like Clemson DC Brent Venables. He is a man without self control and needs another grown man to constantly grab his waist on the side lines and would be an awesome recruiter. I would focus on him after this cluster f**k they have had and the undermining of everything Currie tried to do. They should have just hired Fulmer 8 months ago and everybody would have been happy in Vol Nation.

FIFY

I just want someone to hire Venables. Get him the hell out of Clemson.

Back