• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 College Football Coaching Carousel

I've always heard from VT guys that Foster has some pretty bad skeletons in the closet that prevent him from wanting a HC gig. Mainly of the cocaine and coed variety. Maybe Venables has similar skeletons, possibly with his get-back guy.

I posted that earlier this year and a bunch of people were quick to defend him like oh he just loves life in Blacksburg with his family it's the best type of posts.

People have been posting that stuff for years. It doesn't make sense that a guy would have skeletons that prevent him from getting a head job but don't prevent him from being a high profile DC.

Don't know much about Foster's off-the-field conduct, but offense seemed to drive HC hiring this time around with Jimbo, Kelly, Mullen, Taggart, Moorhead and Morris getting the big HC jobs and Frost having experience with both as an assistant.

Maybe Foster's personality is too abrasive or isn't one that ADs feel comfortable putting in charge of a major program, but I recall that Foster was considered for HC at VT and VT did a lot to keep him when they hired Fuente. Think he was also considered for Vandy when they hired Franklin.

I'm with Ph here regarding the idea that there's no way even high profile assistants can keep skeletons in the closet in 2017. Seems more likely that he's nearing 60, been at VT for 30 years and wanted the HC job there but was content with not getting it because he got along with Fuente, and presumably got paid a lot to stay there as well.

Didn't realize he's near 60. Doesn't look it.

Sounds like it's Jeremy Pruitt at Tennessee

Doesn't Snyder want his son to secede him?

Yes, which is not popular. My guess is Snyder pulls a Bo Ryan and retires just before or during the season to let his son get the interim tag to prove himself over the season.

If I am Venebles, no way I head back to Manhattan Kansas for K-State vs DC for Clemson. K-State is the very definition of crappy in terms of location, almost no recruits in that state, and very shitty weather.

If UNC were to open next year, that would be a possibility.

People have been posting that stuff for years. It doesn't make sense that a guy would have skeletons that prevent him from getting a head job but don't prevent him from being a high profile DC.

Unsure why VT fans and one huge booster I know would make that stuff up. Maybe it's swept under the rug at VT, but would likely come out in the media if he took a job somewhere like Tennessee.

Unsure why VT fans and one huge booster I know would make that stuff up. Maybe it's swept under the rug at VT, but would likely come out in the media if he took a job somewhere like Tennessee.

I don't know why VT fans would spread info or rumors that make them look like a lower class program than Tennessee.

Foster is the Associate HC. He could be the HC in a heartbeat. If he's doing dirt that would hurt him at Tenn, it should hurt him at VT too.

Goodness Willie Taggart is like night and day from Jimbo.

giphy.gif

stoneville, something like this about Taggart?

He would bring a Dabo type energy to FSU. Jimbo was never all that exciting.

Dabo is only 48 by the way.

Back