• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Football Recruiting

This is a recruiting thread, so we probably shouldn't clog it up too much about current players, but Bachman was absolutely GREAT in camp. He literally never dropped a ball. . . then the season started. He isn't big, but is deceptively fast and is a great route runner. His in-season performance was one of the biggest negative surprises for me.

Alex Bachman...deceptively fast. Love it. Hard worker, blue collar, coaches son, gym rat

Alex Bachman...deceptively fast. Love it. Hard worker, blue collar, coaches son, gym rat

But look at production. He had a horrible percentage of catching a pass when targeted and was targeted way too often. If you want another year of Wolford to Bachman, you must love losing. They seem to be great kids with outstanding work ethics, but they are not ACC level players. Not even close. I'll take Hinton to Wade, Hines, Washington, #15, or one of our redshirt freshmen from this season or true freshmen next year.

This is a recruiting thread, so we probably shouldn't clog it up too much about current players, but Bachman was absolutely GREAT in camp. He literally never dropped a ball. . . then the season started. He isn't big, but is deceptively fast and is a great route runner. His in-season performance was one of the biggest negative surprises for me.

Hopefully that will translate on-the-field as he develops and matures. Our offense should be pretty strong the next two years given experience and talent at our skill positions. Throw in the two new WR's we just landed and that improves even more.

Time will tell I suppose. Need to figure out a way to keep improving at the LOS.

Wes Welker? Yuge. That's a home run. Massive, Best player since Jerry Rice. ......Really? Bachman is a decent player has lots of room to grow but Wes Welker? Really?

Why has DC been recruiting the hell out of CB's, LB's and WR? Because we NEED them next year or after a RS year at the latest. Our wideouts (such as Bachman) do not have the speed or quickness to get SEPARATION. DBs hang on them like glue, even with tight coverage. Our new WR commits appear to have speed, size and great hands. They obviously saw early playing time when they committed.

Saw on 247 we offered Kendarian Handy-Holly, a three star safety currently committed to Minnesota. He also has a handful of big time p5 offers. He was previously recruited by sawvel at minnesota prior to taking the DC job at wake. The timing of this offer is a bit strange I think. He just committed a few days ago. I would have thought we would have offered before he committed to Minnesota. Not sure if an official is planned or not.

Waydale isn't listed as a commit yet on Rivals. Would think he would be by now.

Zyon Gilbert tweeted last night he has made a decision and will announce on Feb. 1

Saw on 247 we offered Kendarian Handy-Holly, a three star safety currently committed to Minnesota. He also has a handful of big time p5 offers. He was previously recruited by sawvel at minnesota prior to taking the DC job at wake. The timing of this offer is a bit strange I think. He just committed a few days ago. I would have thought we would have offered before he committed to Minnesota. Not sure if an official is planned or not.

That name is right up there with Ha Ha Clinton-Dix. We need to sign that guy.

I think Bachman is pretty good. He worked his way into the rotation as a frosh from 3rd or 4th string with injuries, yes, but I assume from consistency, hard work, and he doesn't get hurt.

One thing we need to remember is that three stars are really only expected to be significant contributors in their Jr and Sr seasons. That is kinda the definition of three star. Anything significant before that is overachieving and a bonus. Because of the situation, Wake has a lot of younger guys playing. Its unreasonable to expect 5* performances early.

One thing we need to remember is that three stars are really only expected to be significant contributors in their Jr and Sr seasons. That is kinda the definition of three star. Anything significant before that is overachieving and a bonus. Because of the situation, Wake has a lot of younger guys playing. Its unreasonable to expect 5* performances early.

If it were easy as fishin' you could be a musician
If you could make sounds loud or mellow

Back