• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Football Schedule

I'm all for yawning into the season with a win and an extra two days to prep for a Friday night road game.

Wonder how many teams have a tougher 5 game stretch than

FSU
@ Clemson
@GT
L'ville
@ Notre Dame

Before that stretch, WF plays a road game at 10-3 FBS opponent. After that stretch, WF plays a conference game on the road at a venue where WF has never won. Ouch.

It's a tough stretch, but this is the new reality of being in the toughest conference in the land.

I'm all for yawning into the season with a win and an extra two days to prep for a Friday night road game.

I dislike Thursday night games against anyone, but particularly against a Presby. I guess the positive is no worry about being late.

I dislike Thursday night games against anyone, but particularly against a Presby. I guess the positive is no worry about being late.

It's positive because we get more rest and prep (as Ph said). That's a big deal before a conference game.

BC didn't wind up on a Friday, it's a Sat game. Makes sense as US Open is going on at the same time so it would get bumped to E2. Clemson and FSU are playing in the Friday BC/'cuse slots this year so those should grab some ratings.

BC is @ N. Illinois on the opening Friday so we will have an extra day of prep

I really think that this is the year Clawson is going to get a marquee upset over somebody. Good vibes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we get a big upset this fall, my bet is FSU or UL at home.

I like the Thursday night before Labor Day cupcake game. Get to go to the ball game Thursday night, should be a low stress game with little chance of losing to ruin the long weekend and head to the beach the next day for the holiday weekend.

If we get a big upset this fall, my bet is FSU or UL at home.

We owe UL, going back to the Orange Bowl we've played them super tight every game except for the 4th quarter this year and they stole our playbook, so karma may be on our side.

We owe UL, going back to the Orange Bowl we've played them super tight every game except for the 4th quarter this year and they stole our playbook, so karma may be on our side.

Exactly.
I haven't liked them for a long time.
Very sleazy.
Time for the good guys to win.

I would feel a lot better about that Ga Tech game with Marquel Lee and this past year's defense. Hopefully a well timed Bye Week will help us prepare. A 3-1 start is an absolute must. I think we go bowling again, especially if we can keep Hinton healthy.

Is App an old 2-for-1 deal, when there were FCS? No more of that, please.

The stretch of FSU-Clemson-Gtech-Louisville-ND is almost unbelievable.

9/23-11/4 is the toughest stretch in the ACC @App, Noles, @Clemson, bye, @GT, UL, @ND. State's is right there though with: @Noles, Cuse, UL, @Pitt, bye, @ND, Clemson. We play 4 of the same 6 opponents in our brutal 6 games but throw in a trip up 421 to a rowdy group wanting to avenge the way a ACC team treated them last year and the triple option garbage GT throws at teams and I would say ours is just slightly harder. Whatever way you want to cut it those are two brutal stretches for the deacs and wuffies.

9/23-11/4 is the toughest stretch in the ACC @App, Noles, @Clemson, bye, @GT, UL, @ND. State's is right there though with: @Noles, Cuse, UL, @Pitt, bye, @ND, Clemson. We play 4 of the same 6 opponents in our brutal 6 games but throw in a trip up 421 to a rowdy group wanting to avenge the way a ACC team treated them last year and the triple option garbage GT throws at teams and I would say ours is just slightly harder. Whatever way you want to cut it those are two brutal stretches for the deacs and wuffies.
I'm glad state has finally moved their non-con sched into the zone of respectability. They deserve a difficult stretch just to make up for previous years.

Looking at the other schedules our opponents have some tough games before and after playing the Deacs. BC plays ND after us. F$U and L'ville have a open week after us. Clemson has VT before us. 'Cuse has us between F$U and L'ville. GT has us between Miami and Clemson. ND has us between NCSU, a revenge game from last year and Miami a great eye poking contest. Our greatest asset through the years has been being overlooked. One or more of these teams will overlook the Deacs to their peril.

Back