• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Football Schedule

Kinda hard to forget what happened this past yr after bye week when losing to army....besides not being properly prepared army also had elrods help...

When's Wake Homecoming ?

Good question. Unless it's super early for Utah State or somethin' (believe there is some precedent for it being that early) it's gonna be against a very good team

If we go bowling against that schedule DC should be in the discussion for ACC COY. Despite our obvious improvement I see us taking a step back next year record-wise.

Wake has scheduled some good teams for Homecoming before - FSU one year.
My order of guesses:

1. Utah State
2. Louisville

3. FSU
4. NC state

Utah State is the typical opponent - nonconference, not top 25, but is a little early in the year. Lousiville is the best fit for previous years date choices - mid to late October, but not the preferred type of opponent. FSU is early and a tough opponent. NC state is pretty late, too close to Thanksgiving to be much of a contender. Duke is on Thanksgiving weekend, so no, and Presby is first game so again, not homecoming.

So of the six home games, two contenders, two pretenders and two just no.

If we go bowling against that schedule DC should be in the discussion for ACC COY. Despite our obvious improvement I see us taking a step back next year record-wise.

There sure isn't any margin of error, unlike like this past season's schedule, where we lost to Army and BC and still made a bowl. Without pulling a major upset against Clemson, FSU, ND or Louisville, we pretty much have to beat Presby, Utah State, App St, and Duke and then get two of vs. State, @Ga. Tech, @BC and @Syracuse. It's doable, but it's a much tougher road.

There sure isn't any margin of error, unlike like this past season's schedule, where we lost to Army and BC and still made a bowl. Without pulling a major upset against Clemson, FSU, ND or Louisville, we pretty much have to beat Presby, Utah State, App St, and Duke and then get two of vs. State, @Ga. Tech, @BC and @Syracuse. It's doable, but it's a much tougher road.

Clawson should be in the discussion for ACC COY if he gets Wake to a bowl with the tough schedule. He would need to beat at least one pretty good team on the road or at least one top 25 team either at home or on the road.

Wake is somehow the only team (...again) in the ACC to get just 6 home games without playing a neutral field game. What scheduling!!!

That is up to us. Non-conference games are up to the individual schools. All the ACC does is schedule the conference games around what we all have done for our non-con games--just like a big jigsaw puzzle. Last year we had 7 home games with the only away non-con game being Indiana. We are the ones that scheduled App State in Boone this coming season instead of starting the 2 game series here. We & UNC are the ones that scheduled the non-con game against each other [much to the chagrin of the ACC office] and we let them schedule it for Chapel Hill!

That is up to us. Non-conference games are up to the individual schools. All the ACC does is schedule the conference games around what we all have done for our non-con games--just like a big jigsaw puzzle. Last year we had 7 home games with the only away non-con game being Indiana. We are the ones that scheduled App State in Boone this coming season instead of starting the 2 game series here. We & UNC are the ones that scheduled the non-con game against each other [much to the chagrin of the ACC office] and we let them schedule it for Chapel Hill!

Oh I was fine with blaming Wake for it.

We have played 6 home games 4 out of the past 5 years, and believe it has been a perfect split the past 10 years (5 years with 6, and 5 years with 7). Not exactly advantageous.

You realize that UNC plays at WF in 2019, before WF plays at UNC in 2021. It's a home and home. WF "did not let them schedule it for Chapel Hill". Great OOC scheduling.

WF plays 7 home games in 2018 and 2019.

You can't please everyone. You play the kinds of games that let you regularly schedule seven home games and the other half of the fan base is up in arms about how we're playing such a nondescript non-conference schedule

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

We are playing at ND because of the conference not scheduling between the schools. That would likely be a home date otherwise.

With APP now FBS this has the chance to be our strongest football rivalry. Regardless of what we think of our rivalry with NCSU and UNC, they're always going to view us as best their at best their 3rd or 4th biggest opponent. APP/Wake OTOH has strong regional ties, local recruiting overlap, and some history. I could see this becoming a home/away/neutral (Charlotte) rotation.

If our biggest football rival becomes a team that we've played 21 times and currently resides in the Sun Belt Conference (after we've got 100 years of history with the rest of the Big Four), then we should disband the program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our biggest football rivalry should be Duke. Nice to see we play them on rivalry week this year.

With APP now FBS this has the chance to be our strongest football rivalry. Regardless of what we think of our rivalry with NCSU and UNC, they're always going to view us as best their at best their 3rd or 4th biggest opponent. APP/Wake OTOH has strong regional ties, local recruiting overlap, and some history. I could see this becoming a home/away/neutral (Charlotte) rotation.

NegRep incoming.

Spoken like a true App fan trying to advance their team's standing by regularly scheduling a nearby P5 school.

Good god, explain yourself man!

I'd be cool with them, Vandy or Northwestern.

dSG5i_zpsgrsjekux.gif

Why don't we just run off ten wins in a row against each of Duke, UNC-CH, and NC State and see if we're rivals.

Back