• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Masters Thread

Just watched the video of the honorary starters - pretty sure there wasn't a dry eye on the course (including Player and Nicklaus) when Payne introduced Arnie's wife and asked for a moment of silence.

Masters.com streaming blocked in the office today... Guess I'll be leaving in a little while to "work from home."

To paraphrase Dr. Johnny Fever, "watching the Masters online at work is a Constitutional right."

Not to rub it in, but the live streaming coverage of the practice range is pretty cool. Slow mo, distance and ball flight graphics.

Question - as I understand it if DJ does not tee off, all bets involving him are canceled (Westgate Vegas bookie quote). If he does tee off, all bets are on. As such, if he is not 100% or there's a chance he will withdraw, should he even try to play?

Question - as I understand it if DJ does not tee off, all bets involving him are canceled (Westgate Vegas bookie quote). If he does tee off, all bets are on. As such, if he is not 100% or there's a chance he will withdraw, should he even try to play?

Your question assumes DJ gives a shit about people who are betting on him.

He'll give it a go today, unless he is told by doctors he could further injure himself and possibly miss future majors.

According to an article I read yesterday, most books don't cancel future bets on golfers that don't start a tournament. The article was specifically about all the action people were putting on Tiger earlier this year.

Agreed about him not caring about people, but we have seen the influence in other sports from outside sources... would there be undo influence for him to WD or to play and WD?

C8l1hZtXYAAhvJN.jpg

Craft beer, chicken wrap and ice cream sandwich.... with a $2 tip. :thumbsup:

2 pimento cheese sandwiches, 2 egg salad sandwiches, chips, peanuts and a beer

Then walk the course and do it again

The "craft" beer is Blue Moon. I'll go Miller Lite (Domestic Light) or Stella (Import) all day. I'm pretty sure I did spend exactly $12 during one trip to the concession stand on Monday - 1 pimento cheese, 1 egg salad, 1 domestic light, 1 import.

good to know about blue moon

i switch my choice to domestic, water, two pimento, and an ice cream sandwich

Back