• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Wolford vs. 2018 Hinton

Everyone on offense pretty well sucked in that game.

It seemed that against Duke and Tech, the offense took a nap in the second half. The only thing that worries me about Hinton is his injury history. "Hello" Newman should get plenty of reps this spring and be ready to go in when needed.

It seemed that against Duke and Tech, the offense took a nap in the second half. The only thing that worries me about Hinton is his injury history. "Hello" Newman should get plenty of reps this spring and be ready to go in when needed.

I think you may see Tayvon Bowers before Newman.

I like Bowers, but no chance he sees the field before Newman

With Hinton wanting to "finish" his runs with a good hit, the competition for backup QB is all that much more important. I don't expect Hinton to be healthy enough to start every game. My guess is he doesn't start three games because he is injured. Would be great if I am wrong on this.

I think by the end of the Notre Dame on 9/22 game people are going to be questioning whether Hinton is the best option at starting quarterback.

Just my opinion and it won't bother me if someone digs it up ten months from now.

I think by the end of the Notre Dame on 9/22 game people are going to be questioning whether Hinton is the best option at starting quarterback.

Just my opinion and it won't bother me if someone digs it up ten months from now.

I think by the end of that game people are going to be questioning when Hinton (and Dortch) will start getting any Heisman hype.

I think by the end of the year, Hinton will have more total yards, TDs and win total than Wolford did this year. Just my opinion and it won't bother me if someone digs it up ten months from now.

I think by the end of the year, Hinton will have more total yards, TDs and win total than Wolford did this year. Just my opinion and it won't bother me if someone digs it up ten months from now.

in other words, he will have the best season by a QB in wake history.

The coaching staff and players figured out this offense over the last few games except Duke. All they have to do is replace Wolford with Hinton to keep it going.

Hinton has a high ceiling in this offense. I think he could be similar to Quinton Flowers if he makes the leap.

I think he passes for 2500 and runs for 800

colburn gets 1100
byrd gets 500
carney gets 400

I think this years total rushing was about 2400. Next years team goes for 2800.

Next years team passes for 200 and rushes for 215 per game.

colburn gets 1100
byrd gets 500
carney gets 400

You left out Beal, many think he will get his next year too.

To be fair, a better comparison would be 2017 Wolford vs. 2019 Hinton, right?

The big difference to me between these to QB's is speed in the mid-range route game. Sure, Hinton's more elusive than Wolford, but not by all that much and their general speed is about the same. In his few appearances this year Hinton also looked a little bigger and less like Dortch playing QB, as he did when he was a freshman. While Hinton throws a stronger deep ball, Wolford had a much, much quicker release. His decision making was also seconds quicker than Hinton. Those are VERY hard jumps to make. Wolford made the decision-making jump his senior year, but already had a quick release and a good arm.

I think that's where the 2018 Hinton will struggle to keep up with Wolford, but the receivers are going to be awesome. Offensive line should be better, running game should be as good if not better. Schedule will be a little easier.

My guess is that he won't get near the point total or gaudy numbers of Wolford this year, but we'll still get one more win. Then 2019 we'll be a dark horse ACC title contender as he makes the senior year leap. Hopefully it'll line up with a year where FSU/Clemson aren't juggernauts.

To be fair, a better comparison would be 2017 Wolford vs. 2019 Hinton, right?

The big difference to me between these to QB's is speed in the mid-range route game. Sure, Hinton's more elusive than Wolford, but not by all that much and their general speed is about the same. In his few appearances this year Hinton also looked a little bigger and less like Dortch playing QB, as he did when he was a freshman. While Hinton throws a stronger deep ball, Wolford had a much, much quicker release. His decision making was also seconds quicker than Hinton. Those are VERY hard jumps to make. Wolford made the decision-making jump his senior year, but already had a quick release and a good arm.

I think that's where the 2018 Hinton will struggle to keep up with Wolford, but the receivers are going to be awesome. Offensive line should be better, running game should be as good if not better. Schedule will be a little easier.

My guess is that he won't get near the point total or gaudy numbers of Wolford this year, but we'll still get one more win. Then 2019 we'll be a dark horse ACC title contender as he makes the senior year leap. Hopefully it'll line up with a year where FSU/Clemson aren't juggernauts.

That leap will be difficult when we are replacing 4 OL starters, as well as Colburn.

colburn gets 1100
byrd gets 500
carney gets 400

aUW8r.gif

I have a feeling that Hartman is our QB of the future. The question is how soon does he win the starting job?

I love how guys just can't wait to assume somebody who they have never seen take a college snap is going to be better than the guys we have seen. Going back to at least Brendan Cross, the guy in the wings has always had a fan club. Sousa, Cameron, Stachitas (who, if memory serves, was actually before Cross), even Newman.

Hartman may be great. So may Bowers. But the chances of either of them being better than Hinton in the next two years is really fucking slim.

Back