• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Workout/Weightloss Accountability Thread

There are many types of IF protocols. I haven't heard of fasting for 36 hours, but off the top of my head, there's

5-2: 5 days eating at your maintenance calories, 2 days at 500 calories
16-8 (or 20-4, or 18-6, or create your own x-y). This is 16 hours fasted with an 8 hour feeding window. Some people, myself included can go a while to start the day without feeling hungry. I personally like 16-8 because it allows for bigger meals than the traditional "3 square meals".

I've not heard of any ill effects from these. Nor do they necessarily create greater weight loss, rather it really comes down to a preference.

Need to start following along with this thread again. I've been hitting it pretty hard since March. Stated out with a complete overhaul of my diet and then transitioned to the weight room. I've also decided to not touch a scale the entire time. Just visual based results.

Been a steady 215 lbs for a couple of years now. Hit the ground running a couple of months ago and am down to 196. Basically have just cut out fried foods and a lot of beer. Eating 80-100 cal for breakfast, 400-600 lunch and 500-700 dinner.

15 minute ab workout every morning and a 30 minute jog every day after work.

Went heavy twice this week and it felt really fucking good; worked up to 90% on squats earlier in the week followed by a 20-rep squat for cardio. Today went heavy on snatches; set a PR or got very close to my all time PR today. Finished that with a nasty little couplet of rowing and then more barbell work (power snatches followed by lunges).

Only two workouts for me this week, but they were productive. New baby seems to be a pretty good sleeper, so the morning gym sessions should be ramping back up next week.

Monday F3
Tuesday Treadmill & Bench
Wednesday F3
Thursday ZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Friday Boot camp

About two more weeks, and I'll be ripped.

I love going heavy. On Sunday, we were in Hialeah and worked out at the Miami Lakes Orangetheory. Sunday at 11:30 they do a definition and sculpting session led by this dude who may be the most muscular man I've ever met. It was great. No cardio.

Monday F3 Bootcamp
Tuesday F3 Strength and Core
Wednesday FarTsack
Thursday F3 Bootcamp
Friday F3 Nomad 5K Training
Tomorrow F3 Bootcamp

Last edited:
What's Farsack?

Probably my favorite workout of the year is today. One of the best parts about the CrossFit community is seeing everyone at varying degrees of fitness do some version of this workout to honor our fallen vets. Good luck to anyone else here doing it today, and congrats on finishing.

Murph

For time:

1 mile run
100 pull-ups
200 push-ups
300 squats
1 mile run

I'm gonna go with the 20 lb. vest this go around, so hoping for a time in the 55 minute range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably my favorite workout of the year is today. One of the best parts about the CrossFit community is seeing everyone at varying degrees of fitness do some version of this workout to honor our fallen vets. Good luck to anyone else here doing it today, and congrats on finishing.

Murph

For time:

1 mile run
100 pull-ups
200 push-ups
300 squats
1 mile run

I'm gonna go with the 20 lb. vest this go around, so hoping for a time in the 55 minute range.

On my list to do next year! Missed it this year.

Agree on Memorial Day / Murph being one of the best days to be a part of the CrossFit community.

Missing out on stuff like that is one of the things I like least about working out at home vs. going to a box.

Murph

For time:

1 mile run
100 pull-ups
200 push-ups
300 squats
1 mile run

F3 Raleigh did a modified version of that on Monday. I can't do 100 pull-ups in the same month from each other and that was a shared sentiment, so we did "Australian pull-ups". Climb underneath a hand-rail in an inverted push-up position and pull your body upward. Not as bad, but plenty bad enough.

Monday Memorial Day (Modified) Murph
Tuesday Bench, Curls 5k
Wednesday Fartsack
Thursday (Modified) Murph
Friday Boot camp
Saturday Bench, Curls 5k

I have been following MFP since November 1 of last year. Happy to say that I have dropped 35 pounds. I am right where I want to be. My cardio has gone up some but it has been mostly watching the calorie intake for me. pretty stoked to drop those extra LBs I was carrying.

Congratulations! You can live up to the username.

I've got to get back to doing MFP.

Back