• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Workout/Weightloss Accountability Thread

Came off a week of vacation to Q an F3 workout. There is a brutal hill about half a mile away from the workout. We go to the drainage ditch and temporarily re-purpose rocks for the workout and then return them at the end of the session.

Today that involved toting your rock of choice to four stations on the course, one at the top of the descending hill, a second at the base, a third at the base of the ascending hill, and a fourth a final at the top of the ascending hill, stopping each time for two sets of rock-exercises (curls, squat-presses, overhead tricep extensions and bent-over rows). The Fourth station becomes the Fifth station as you reverse the course (and the ascending became the descending hill, and vice versa), until you get back to the beginning. We broke it up with ab-work using rocks at after the Fourth and Eighth stations.

We finished with a hand-stand endurance contest (BTTW to the kids in the know), with the winner lasting about 3.5 minutes.

That sounds turrible!

That sounds turrible!

You should see the hill. The course was a half mile in length---nothing too bad---but dragging that rock with you up the hill that you can't see the top of from the bottom is what the Germans call, Der Suck.

Don't underestimate the mental stress of rock selection. It's like picking your own switch, but in front of other switch pickers. Do I go for the painful glory or risk a full shaming?

It+gets+easier+i+wanted+this+but+could+not+find_2e4adf_5649695.jpg

Update on What Workouts I've Done Last Couple of Weeks:
Travel Day. Rode Planes
Travel Day. Drank All the Beer
Travel Day. Red Wine Hangover
Rode Bike Alone
Rode Bike With Slow People
Rode Bike To Bike Shop. Drank a Few Beers. Rode Bike Back to Work.
Rode Bike With Fast People
Rode Bike With Insanely Fast People
Rode Bike Alone. Everything Hurt for First 30 Min. Then OK.
Rode Bike Alone. Much Moar Bettur Legs
Rode Bike With Slow Friends

And today, rest.
Because tomorrow: Race. With Beer. And Friends. On Single Speed.
http://racinginthewoods.com/assets/king-of-the-watershed-flyer.pdf

I've been continuing with the CrossFit workouts and do between 4 to 6 sessions per week.

If for some reason I can't make a CrossFit workout, I've been running around the neighborhood (approximately 2.3 miles).

Today, I completed a 5K in 25:36. This is only the 2nd 5K that I have ever ran in and both have been this year.

I also added a 60 day push up challenge into my routine. Day 1 you do 1 push-up and then you increase the number of push-ups each day until you reach a total of 40 daily push-ups and then you just maintain 40 push-ups per day. These push-ups are in addition to any push-ups performed at Cross-Fit.

Anyone doing the Tough Mudder on Saturday? I'm getting pretty excited about it.

Completed my first tough mudder on Saturday. I would highly recommend it, especially if you have a group of reasonably fit friends to do it with. We had a blast.

I got addicted to CrossFit last year, over did it and sustained a number of injuries (ankle, knee, and tendinitis in right arm). Stopped CrossFit after December and joined a regular gym so I could focus on cardio and allow the tendinitis in my right arm to heal.

I am getting at least 60 minutes of cardio in at the gym 4 to 6 days per week and now burning over 1,000 calories per work out. I incorporated the StairMaster into my workout routine and that exercise is extremely efficient at burning calories. Healing from the CrossFit injuries is progressing well but I will need more time to properly heal. The tendinitis in my right arm is basically like a tennis elbow injury.

Still doing F3. Co-captain for a Bourbon Chase team this October (assuming our team gets in). Still a lot of work to do between now and then!

Just getting over the flu. I had to take a week off and have decided that I want to alter up my workout routine as it was getting kind of stale. I really want to switch up and focus on overall fitness rather than just increasing muscle mass and strength, i.e. bettering speed, running distances, flexibility, agility, etc... Does anyone have any plans that can be done by an individual(because of the time frame that I have to work out I really never have a partner) that you think might be effective?

Back