• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-2019 NHL Thread – Thunderstorm Warning

The licking thing is really weird and I have no problem with guys taking a swing at him. The outrage shown over it though in a game where fist fights are an accepted part of the game, players are constantly headhunting on checks and you're allowed to poke guys in the eye after the whistle is a comical though. Some of these announcers need some perspective. He's licking guys.

Crazy that I watched first game Las Vegas and the narrative was that they would have a lot of trouble even scoring and now they’re arebin the conference finals.

Tampa making the finals is something many people predicted before the season.

Tampa is the only remaining team with a cup. What world is this?

BTW after calling all 8 first round series in the bracket challenge, I'm 0-3 in the second round. IDGAF, though!

My nephew played against Dahlin a couple of years ago. I remember my brother calling me and telling me that he was the best youth player he's ever seen. I'm sure we'll figure out a way to fuck it up, but I'm psyched as hell to see him in a Sabres sweater.

Oh, and Pens - go fuck yourselves

And we are hiring the former thrashers gm who only made the playoffs once in 10 years and ended up getting swept. Dundon is not off to a good start.

Penguins out
Bruins out
Vegas in

Cheering for Nashville for PK reasons, but I wouldn't be all that angry if Winnipeg moves on instead.

This is a good post season!

Indifferent picks this round so proverbial grain of salt and all, but looking like the 'Ning's year to me. They've been building toward this, would be well earned

I can't get over the awful choices for GM & HC. Dundon came in saying he wanted to shake things up so naturally he hires the president of the team to be GM and an assistant coach to be HC...really shook things up.

Dundon came in and tried to Jerry Jones Jr. this thing and the NHL old boys club shut off pipelines to qualified candidates.

As long as he ponies up for players and treats those players well a la Cuban and Jones, this will all take care of itself

Love Rod Brind'Amour. Hope he wins every game that's not against the Flyers.

Penguins out
Bruins out
Vegas in

Cheering for Nashville for PK reasons, but I wouldn't be all that angry if Winnipeg moves on instead.

This is a good post season!

I think the winner of that series may win the whole thing now that Pittsburgh is out.

The NHL is apparently a really tight group that doesn’t like outsiders. So when Dundon came in super hands on and pulled the stuff he did with Francis that turned off that group and within the span of about a week all the candidates for his replacement dropped out.

Back