• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-2019 NHL Thread – Thunderstorm Warning

The NHL is apparently a really tight group that doesn’t like outsiders. So when Dundon came in super hands on and pulled the stuff he did with Francis that turned off that group and within the span of about a week all the candidates for his replacement dropped out.

Apparently he was also lowballing everybody.

Nice to read about all the Hurricanes chaos on here...while watching the two most successful Canes coaches face off against each other in game 7 of the WC semis.

Nice write up, although not enough deference to Nate Schmidt! I'd trade Brooks Orpik for him in a flash (although, Vegas most certainly would not).

Jets are the best team left. You go to Nashvegas and win three times and lose the fourth in OT, you are a very tough out. Wheeler, Laine, DB, Schiefele, etc. Very deep, very fast, very physical. Obviously any of the teams that remain can get the job done, but this Winnipeg team looks to have the best odds.

Would love to see the Jets vs. the Caps as it would pit some great MN HS players against each other (Wheeler - Breck (two hat tricks in the State tourney and a state title), Niskanen - Virginia, Oshie - Warroad (state title), Hendricks - Blaine and Byfuglien - Roseau) and we'd get to see Roseau and Warroad alums square off against each other - biggest rivalry in H.S. hockey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuoFeKTNZ5Q

Lol. Two blatant miscalled penalties against the Caps in the first 9 minutes. :noidea:

Total horseshit. They score two goals off the penalites.

First, Tom Wilson is clearly hooked on a scoring chance, but of course HE gets called for the penalty (as his reputation requires by NHL law, I think). Second, Hedman gets hit in the face with a puck, but tonight and tonight only, that's a high sticking penalty! Fuck this.

Edit: Here's the 'high sticking penalty'

Last edited:
Yeah those were rough calls...the first especially. The second is still technically high sticking I guess, but harsh call. If the puck doesn't hit his face no chance they call it.

Of course, bad call or not, goals are not pre-ordained. I'm just glad this Caps squad doesn't get tilted like their imbibing, yelling-from-the-couch fans.

Of course, bad call or not, goals are not pre-ordained. I'm just glad this Caps squad doesn't get tilted like their imbibing, yelling-from-the-couch fans.

It's already mission accomplished for the Caps in the first 2 games. They're playing with house money tonight - and, frankly, playing well. Certainly committed on the defensive side of the puck so far in this one (I missed the first period). Can't recall an odd man rush in this period by TB though. Everyone is back checking. They look committed.

Here's Oshie back in the day before the state HS hockey title game in 2005. Skiilz. I think this was the year Warroad won in triple OT. And, IIRC, the year after Wheeler led Breck to one of their titles.

Caps so confident and cohesive right now. Overcome those early bad breaks and just pummel 'em.

Rallying from 2-0 down and then beating the long-term nemesis has clearly done wonders for them

Capitals are dominating this series and it is tied 2-2. Still think they will win.

Bob Mckenzie thinks that Jeff Skinner will be traded for sure.

Back