• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-2019 NHL Thread – Thunderstorm Warning

Meanwhile, the Ottawa Senators dumpster fire is reaching a new nadir:

A series of allegations made by the wife of the captain of the Ottawa Senators against a fellow teammate’s fiancée, detailing a season-long campaign of targeted online harassment, threatens to upend Ottawa’s locker room, leaving the futures of two of the team’s stars in question.

Melinda Karlsson, née Currey, has filed an application for an order of protection against the longtime girlfriend of Senators forward Mike Hoffman — alleging a campaign of harassment that plagued the Karlssons after the death of their son and through much of the last NHL season

“Monika Caryk has uttered numerous statements wishing my unborn child dead,” says Melinda Karlsson’s sworn statement to the court.

Erik Karlsson, too, was allegedly targeted.

“She also uttered that she wished I was dead and that someone should ‘take out’ my husband’s legs to ‘end his career.’

“Monika Caryk has posted over 1,000 negative and derogatory statements about me as a professional.”

This is vile and stomach-churning.

Meanwhile, the Ottawa Senators dumpster fire is reaching a new nadir:

A series of allegations made by the wife of the captain of the Ottawa Senators against a fellow teammate’s fiancée, detailing a season-long campaign of targeted online harassment, threatens to upend Ottawa’s locker room, leaving the futures of two of the team’s stars in question.

Melinda Karlsson, née Currey, has filed an application for an order of protection against the longtime girlfriend of Senators forward Mike Hoffman — alleging a campaign of harassment that plagued the Karlssons after the death of their son and through much of the last NHL season

“Monika Caryk has uttered numerous statements wishing my unborn child dead,” says Melinda Karlsson’s sworn statement to the court.

Erik Karlsson, too, was allegedly targeted.

“She also uttered that she wished I was dead and that someone should ‘take out’ my husband’s legs to ‘end his career.’

“Monika Caryk has posted over 1,000 negative and derogatory statements about me as a professional.”

This is vile and stomach-churning.

Sounds like the beginning of another WAG costing a guy a pretty good gig.

Barry Trotz won't be back as Capitals head coach next season. Not too surprising, but I'll miss the fellow.

There were numerous rumors of 'win the cup or your ass is fired' all season. I'm not sure winning the actual thing repaired the existing damage. Also, Trotz apparently received an automatic pay bump for winning the Cup that still gives him a below average coaching salary. Further raise negotiations were not fruitful, so now he's a free agent. So long...

46XN5mN.gif

Barry Trotz won't be back as Capitals head coach next season. Not too surprising, but I'll miss the fellow.

There were numerous rumors of 'win the cup or your ass is fired' all season. I'm not sure winning the actual thing repaired the existing damage. Also, Trotz apparently received an automatic pay bump for winning the Cup that still gives him a below average coaching salary. Further raise negotiations were not fruitful, so now he's a free agent. So long...

46XN5mN.gif

Amazing. Win the Stanley cup. Get Pink Slip as reward.

Does Capitals management think they won the cup in spite of Trotz coaching?

Too bad the Canes have already hired Rod Brind'Amour as their coach. Although Dundon probably would not pony up the money it would take to hire him.

The Canes really are in need of fresh eyes from outside the organization. Looks like Dundon is just recycling old personnel.

Amazing. Win the Stanley cup. Get Pink Slip as reward.

Does Capitals management think they won the cup in spite of Trotz coaching?

He didn't get a pink slip. He had a deal that triggered when he won the Cup to get extended two years for $300K more a year than his current deal. He declined it. I don't think this was about money. It was about something else. Shit he's on camera telling Tortorella he's leaving during handshakes after the first round. Either way, he was gone.

Reirden is gonna get named coach.

Rumors that Trotz is leaving because a massive steroids story involving literally everyone in the Caps organization (except Trotz) is about to drop and it will definitely lead to the Cup being rescinded. Big if true.

He didn't get a pink slip. He had a deal that triggered when he won the Cup to get extended two years for $300K more a year than his current deal. He declined it. I don't think this was about money. It was about something else. Shit he's on camera telling Tortorella he's leaving during handshakes after the first round. Either way, he was gone.

Reirden is gonna get named coach.

You are right. Trotz had a really weird deal that was paying him below market (by considerable) for coaching. He ams the Caps couldn't agree on a new contract during the season. Trotz wanted to be paid as an upper echelon coach. Caps wouldn't do it so he resigned from his 300k pay raise with 2 year extension.

Somebody will pay him. Wonder who it will be?

You are right. Trotz had a really weird deal that was paying him below market (by considerable) for coaching. He ams the Caps couldn't agree on a new contract during the season. Trotz wanted to be paid as an upper echelon coach. Caps wouldn't do it so he resigned from his 300k pay raise with 2 year extension.

Somebody will pay him. Wonder who it will be?

I would think the Islanders are tired of being mediocre.

Man, if a third of the trade rumors floating around end up coming true this weekend could be a wild one at the draft.

Anybody ever been to the draft? Wondering if I should try to go Friday?

My wife and I went the year it was in Raleigh. That was the year the Penguins took Malkin, and we got his autograph. A Pittsburgh reporter asked my wife to go grab Malkin after he was done on stage so that he could get an interview. Also saw Crosby there, and there was a pretty huge buzz about him even then. It was need to see some of the behind the scenes stuff in person, but there is a lot of down time, unless you are really in the know about the prospects.

Back