• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-2019 NHL Thread – Thunderstorm Warning

My guess is he did break something, but will play on, just like Backstrom. Hockey players are tough as nails.

Timothy Jimothy Oshie!

I still have no idea how Neal missed the widest of open nets.

It's kinda cute seeing Caps fans discover what living right feels like

That turned into a goon-fest, fast. No quarter for Vegas, though.

Kuzy for Conn Smyth - what a fucking stud.

He deserves it with his production but I gotta believe Ovie would win it given everything.

There are a lot of parallels between the Canes triumph and this Caps run, but I hope y'all close out a 3-1 lead easier than we did!

I'm still amped!

John Carlson is going to get PAID this offseason.

I find this Corsi chart humorous. While it doesn't lie, it does a poor job of painting last night's picture:

chart-1.jpeg

And because I'm trained to be pessimistic....yes, the Caps have blown the most 3-1 series leads of any major American sports franchise. Doesn't matter, though, because we can still hold that title and the Stanley Cup at the same time!

31 straight teams with 3-1 leads in the Cup finals have taken home the crown. No pressure!

I've watched this team for 40 years, I am scared to death being up 3 games to one. I won't believe until I see Ovi lift the Cup.

Haven't been watching them that long, but I'm not. Doesn't mean Vegas won't make it interesting, but this team just feels different.

Game 4 was one of the one or two best live sporting events I've been to in my life. Going to Game 5 as well on the off chance we do something very un-Capslike and win the Cup in Vegas.

Nice! Have a blast dude.

I tend to agree -- if the Caps were going to fall short I think it would've happened last round when they blew the 2-0 series lead, but they came right back and got it done. Every time they've faced adversity this postseason they've come up huge, and I think that confidence has greatly lifted their play

Damn, DC! I’m so jealous. Apparently Game 6 tickets are being listed as the most expensive in Cup history.

Caps have a chance to become the second team to win a Cup after trailing in all four series.

This is an incredibly moving story. Have some tissues ready if you're going to watch.

Nice work by the Canes.

WTF Vegas? I know y'all don't believe in clocks but damn. That felt a lot longer than 90 seconds.

Congrats Caps fans. I've come to appreciate you guys as a fan base over this season's playoffs.

Yay for Ovi

He passed it off pretty quickly.

On to Orpik and I'm out.

Congrats HTTD!

Back