• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-2019 NHL Thread – Thunderstorm Warning

One of the most suffering fan bases in all of sports finally gets a taste. I started going to games in the early 1980s and suffered through tough OT playoff losses to pretty much every team (Islanders, Rangers, Penguins)....Finally. And it is so sweet.

#ALLCAPS

Enjoy the feeling.

There are so many of those feeling things!

Anxious anticipation, loudly freaking out (but still trying not to wake up the kids), sheer disbelief, and definitely some crying.

The Capitals crushed the historical narrative, and that's made this that much sweeter.

Happy for Caps fans. That city's sports fans needed a winner.

Ovechkin and Chelyabinsk are definitely accepting those white house invites.

Last edited:
Congrats to the Capitals. Great win to close out the series.
So will this be the first time the Stanley cup goes to the White House and the Kremlin?

Doesn’t Trump want to invite Putin to the White House? Just have it then.

Congrats to the Caps. I have a lot of happy friends today.

Well that easily shoots to the top of live sports I've been to. Was really great to see how many Caps fans were there. We had them next to us, in front, and behind us in the section behind the goal the Caps scored on to win the Cup. Lots of tears amongst all of them. It was a surreal experience.

But, finally. Finally, we have our Cup.

Ovi's wife is pregnant, apparently they had been asking people to wait until after the Stanley Cup was over before making it public. Ovi and his fam:

I vaguely remember watching the Redskins win Super Bowl 26 as a youngin. A long-ass time ago.

WTF Vegas? I know y'all don't believe in clocks but damn. That felt a lot longer than 90 seconds.

Yeah, same here. Tho I timed it and it was off it was only by a sec or two extra that shouldn't have been added on.

Stupid the refs or the league with the horn of doom didn't stop the game, but didn't end up mattering

Stopping by to congratulate the Caps fans. Long time coming, it was nice to see Ovie finally get one.

I would've thought the Caps might want to linger in Vegas for a while and enjoy themselves. Surely no better city to win a sports championship in.

Then again:

Cup Ovechkin is a goddamn maniac

Not just Ovi:
The Ovi videos are amazing. His first pitch and ballpark ones are pretty good too

The Capitals, and especially Ovi, are on a bender for the ages. I'm loving it.

ix1f7uj5d5311.png

Back