• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-2019 NHL Thread – Thunderstorm Warning

Regular Season hockey is back!

tenor.gif

Oh, and some minor news...

So much for saying Ovechkin and the Capitals will never see a Stanley Cup banner raised.

They open at Chicago.

And here we are, it's happening tonight.

I'm kinda ready for the end of times

Good. He is the most dangerous player in the league right now.

In case you missed this insane SH goal from Hertl because #EastCoastBias

EIGHT goals. Watched the 3rd, fun as hell, we're not this good but it was reminiscent of some of the early season games in '05-06 when we were scoring for fun.

Maybe ROD THE BOD is really the answer !

Canes off to their best start...ever.

I think it's because they aren't starting the season on a 11 game road trip.

Been too long since we've had some playoff hockey in the Triangle, really need to break that streak this year. '05-06 postseason (and to a lesser extent '08-09) was so much fun. Looking forward to catching the new look Canes in action tomorrow, hope they saved some goals!

hogs-leafs last night was pretty wild. kane evened the game twice with a pulled goalie less than a minute apart, only to lose 19 seconds into OT.

2017-2018 NHL Thread – It's Ovi's World Now

Having been to both Canes home games so far, I can tell you that the atmosphere is way different so far this year. This team might not be any good, but they’re fun and the crowd recognizes it.

Have the crowds been better too? I was pleasantly surprised by the attendance yesterday, at least from what it looked like on my Fox Sports Go stream -- not sure if there's been a specific push on that front to get more people in or TV's just doing a better job of not showing the empties

Have the crowds been better too? I was pleasantly surprised by the attendance yesterday, at least from what it looked like on my Fox Sports Go stream -- not sure if there's been a specific push on that front to get more people in or TV's just doing a better job of not showing the empties

Tomorrow night will be telling...opening night will always be close to a sell-out, and the Rangers on a weekend will also draw a good crowd....Vancouver on a Tuesday is a different story.

Back