• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-2019 NHL Thread – Thunderstorm Warning

This team can’t beat the top teams anyways. Better to go ahead and realize it now :couch:

Especially Eastern Conference top teams. We've done alright against the West

Guys, I’m not gonna lie. If we don’t make the playoffs I’m gonna cry newly dumped 14 year old white girl tears. Legit ugly crying. I need a win bad after all of these years of bad Wake basketball. If it weren’t for the Braves making the postseason last year I may have sworn off sports entirely.

You gotta end the drought man. Playing at least two playoff hockey games in Raleigh would do wonders for the franchise.

Yeah exactly....#8's beat #1's in hockey more often than any other sport, and we've competed well with them this year. Missing out on the playoffs again this year, after the position they've put themselves in and having played so well since NYD would be tragic.

Getting some playoff experience would be a big benefit too.

Not that I for sure think we'd be back next year -- we've been quite lucky with injuries. Def want to maximize this opportunity by playing not-Tampa

W

Hopefully two more will lock it in. Fuck up the Habs and Jax Central powers!

Let's go!

BTW, does this thread in particular open super slowly for anyone else? Does that both in browsers and on tapatalk for me.

Soccer thread is the only one I have real issues with. There are a few others but I thought it was just me.

Doesn't look like Maurice or Lavy gonna give us any help. Winnipeg outshot by Montreal by like 20 at home. Good job good effort.

99 points. Good news is IF we beat the Pens tomorrow in regulation we jump them in the standings and throw them firmly into this mess

Ovi scores his 50th (and 51st) tonight at Tampa. He becomes only the third player (after Mike Bossy and Wayne Gretzky), to score 50+ goals in 8 seasons. He's up to 13th on the all-time goals list.

He may not be human.

Doesn't look like Maurice or Lavy gonna give us any help. Winnipeg outshot by Montreal by like 20 at home. Good job good effort.

99 points. Good news is when we beat the Pens tomorrow in regulation we jump them in the standings and throw them firmly into this mess

I'm all about this vibe right now. The Pens have left themselves vulnerable, let's fuck them up.

Not looking great Bob.

We could really use Jeff Skinner's offensive capabilities right about now

Think it's gonna be a straight shootout between us and the Habs in terms of making it. CBJ's talent seems to have meshed.

Really could use a TML win tomorrow on the Island so they clinch a playoff spot and we can get them with everything wrapped and no rest come Tuesday

The Canes have gone kinda cold with a week to go. Not sure I trust them to wrap this up. Washington and Pittsburgh looked like playoff ready teams against us and we looked like we are out of gas. Not feeling good with Montreal surging and Carolina limping.

Wow Bruins were down 0-2 now up 3-2 against Detroit.

Aaaand like that now 3-3. Hat trick Mantra for Wings.

Uh, make that 4-3 Wings. Defense optional.

Last edited:
Back