• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-2019 NHL Thread – Thunderstorm Warning

Too bad the Canes have already hired Rod Brind'Amour as their coach. Although Dundon probably would not pony up the money it would take to hire him.

The Canes really are in need of fresh eyes from outside the organization. Looks like Dundon is just recycling old personnel.

#coldtake

Tonight is an incredibly pivotal night for the playoff race in the east. Based on point projections, I think Carolina has to go the equivalent of 13-6-1 (99 points) to comfortably say they get in. Anything less and it's a coin flip at best. The East is just insanely competitive this year.

We did it!

I just bought Game 6 tickets with doofus! Because the game isn't guaranteed, the prices aren't outrageous (yet), so we'll be in the lower-level.

Surely no NBC appearances since Game 7 of '06 right?

Pretty certain none of our games in '09 made it on there

We're going to be out in Raleigh anyway, so we got Game 4 tickets for my daughter's birthday. I might even wear a Canes hat for it.

Last edited:
I'll be in New Orleans for game 4 on a trip I booked back when this team was bottoming out in December...who knew?

Washington is the better team. They should win...probably in 6. That said, it's the NHL playoffs and the NHL postseason is far less predictable than the NFL, NBA, and MLB. Why not us?

Draft lottery tonight at 8pm!

Will the playoff bound Avs get the number one pick?

Back