• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-2019 NHL Thread – Thunderstorm Warning

Just get a game in BKN and come home and rest.

But that said historically I don't believe rest has been a great thing in hockey, and that could be compounded for a systematic, defense-oriented team like the Isles.

One example -- in '06 Devils coached by current Isles GM easily sweep Rangers to extend winning streak to 15, Canes beat Habs in 6. First game -- Canes win 6-0.

Last edited:
Also, screw the NHL for scheduling a potential Game 6 and Game 7 of the series on back-to-back days, the NBA would never do something like that.

Barclays Center is booked May 9-11, gotta blame the stupid home-skipping Isles for that one

The NBA got a Monday Night Raw event moved from Denver to Los Angeles back in the day, you telling me the NHL can't get a New York Liberty game moved???

Haha fair. And it's a preseason game to boot! I'd hope that's not why -- think the NHL may just be set on ending that round that day

Leave it to Bettman to screw this up. Beside this thing with the Isles, this has been a great playoff season.

The odds before the season three Metro teams would make the second round -- but the Pens and Caps would not

Congratulations, Carolina fans. Enjoy the ride - it's been a long-time coming.

After Staal scored, it already felt like it was over. Washington had nothing left in the tank, and that was especially apparent in the overtime periods. Good luck against the Islanders...I'll be rooting for you, but also two-facing for Barry Trotz.

Then there's this guy:

Boston now has claim to home-ice for the remainder of the playoffs.

Carolina can potentially host the ECF and SCF. And this morning, MoneyPuck puts them at 16.6% to win the Cup (that's top of the list).

Boston now has claim to home-ice for the remainder of the playoffs.

Carolina can potentially host the ECF and SCF. And this morning, MoneyPuck puts them at 16.6% to win the Cup (that's top of the list).

We were a dominant analytics team this year. That really showed itself in OT when it was solely 5-on-5

Back