• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-2019 NHL Thread – Thunderstorm Warning

Boston now has claim to home-ice for the remainder of the playoffs.

Carolina can potentially host the ECF and SCF. And this morning, MoneyPuck puts them at 16.6% to win the Cup (that's top of the list).

Moneypuck also had us in the playoffs early in the season and had us winning round 1. Their algorithms are pretty accurate.

Don't blame the refs, blame your lack of replay ability. Shit's too hard

I wanna see a Boston Carolina ECF - would be a blast. I imagine most fans want Boston out though given the other team still in it.

Man I love it when Forslund shouts "hey, hey whatdya say?!" I feel like other announcers probably do too, but he's the man.

I love 'That's hockey, baby!'

He's the best in the business, imo. He's getting the national call for the whole Canes-Isles series.

I wanna see a Boston Carolina ECF - would be a blast. I imagine most fans want Boston out though given the other team still in it.

Bring it, Benedict numbers!

CBJ wouldn't be easy but their meltdown potential is certainly higher, and we'd have home ice.

Not that I'm looking past the boring Isles

Last edited:
I wonder how hard it is to transition between being the Canes guy and being the impartial guy? I imagine I'd slip sometimes. Dude's obviously a pro so he knows what he's doing.

Really?? Damn. Isles fans gonna be pretty pissed I'd imagine.

They should direct their ire at the fucking Barclay's Center. What a joke. Worst atmosphere in the league. It's even worse after seeing how awesome things could be on the Island.

Johnny Forslund is exceptionally professional on national calls. Hell, even when he's playing 'the homer' he's less biased than almost everyone else.

Tripp Tracey is fucking crazy, though. There's a reason he wasn't also invited :thumbsup:

Tripp couldn't be impartial with a gun to his head, dude doesn't have it in him. Forslund is a true professional on the national level

Tripp is a good pure hockey analyst though an unquestioned goof -- never quite know where he's going with his asides, and I'm not sure he does either. Love the 'Canes history throwbacks though like comparing Staal's goal to his bro's in Game 7 in the same round 10 years ago tho, dude could write a book on the franchise

Back