• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-2019 NHL Thread – Thunderstorm Warning

Oh man, can't believe it just occurred to me that the Caps fans were cheering for the Penguins AND the Flyers last night. Hope you all are feeling OK.

All four teams are playing today, with the Maple Leafs and the Red Wings facing off in Toronto.

This Maple Leafs meltdown is something to behold.

Oh man, can't believe it just occurred to me that the Caps fans were cheering for the Penguins AND the Flyers last night. Hope you all are feeling OK.

All four teams are playing today, with the Maple Leafs and the Red Wings facing off in Toronto.

This Maple Leafs meltdown is something to behold.

It's been a rough stretch...I have had to pull for the Pens a lot lately. Nothing makes a person more angry than when they have to pull for his most hated team and they lose back to back games against the Flyers...all sorts of hate.

Boston continues to kick ass. Ageless wonder, Jarome Iginla, has a double so far.

Washington will need to come close to winning out to make the playoffs, as they lose all tiebreakers.

Boston continues to kick ass. Ageless wonder, Jarome Iginla, has a double so far.

Washington will need to come close to winning out to make the playoffs, as they lose all tiebreakers.

I don't think we will have to win out because I think Toronto and Columbus are going to let us in but I think tomorrow is about as close to a must win as it comes.

The officiating in this game has been awful.

Just when you think the Caps are finding a groove, the crap the bed. Predator game is a must win with BJ and RW both getting 2 pts tonight.

The final 2 spots in the West are incredibly tight. Dallas has a game in hand and is 4 off the 7 spot and 1 or 2 off the 8. They beat St. Louis last night on the road - impressive. The Wild came from behind to beat Phoenix on the road last night 3-1. 3 third period goals. So MN is holding onto the 7 at present. They have a brutal last seven games that includes match ups with the Hawks, Kings, Pens, Bruins and Blues. I think most of those are at home. Phoenix and Dallas each have it a bit easier but they also play each other the last game of the season.

Some adventures in goaltending from yesterday with Jonathan Quick doing Jonathan Quick things:

846156308.gif

And Union defenseman Shayne Gostisbehere stepping in for his goalie in the NCAA tournament:

I can't stop laughing at the announcer going crazy.

Lecavalier scores in the nick of time, with the empty net behind him, to tie it up against the B's. Exciting hockey.

49 saves for Tuukka Rask. Jerk.

Wasn't really expecting a point today, so I'll take it.

edit: /watches above video again to laugh at the announcer.

The final 2 spots in the West are incredibly tight. Dallas has a game in hand and is 4 off the 7 spot and 1 or 2 off the 8. They beat St. Louis last night on the road - impressive. The Wild came from behind to beat Phoenix on the road last night 3-1. 3 third period goals. So MN is holding onto the 7 at present. They have a brutal last seven games that includes match ups with the Hawks, Kings, Pens, Bruins and Blues. I think most of those are at home. Phoenix and Dallas each have it a bit easier but they also play each other the last game of the season.

Stars finish with 4 games in 6 nights because of making up the Columbus game. They are also starting that game from the beginning which helps Dallas since they were down 1-0 when Peverley collapsed.

This Flyers-Blues tilt is a great 0-0 game.

Caps are toast. Stars are getting hot at the right time.

Back