• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-2019 NHL Thread – Thunderstorm Warning

Surprising 1-0 final doe, guessing the players were pretty pooped

Hahaha, the NHL didn't include Scott as an MVP finalist, and he won the vote anyway. The NHL pratfalled their way into a great story, and still tried to screw it up.

Awesome read. This pic got to me after reading it, too.

3bc229635342e2bae14973591270263c.jpg

I had never heard of John Scott until tonight. Great read. Good for him scoring two goals and winning MVP.

Best All Star game in any sport in a very long time, and mostly because of John Scott. Watching the other players hoist the MVP onto their shoulders was incredible.

Sorry have to disagree. What a joke! You call 15 goals in 1 period "All Star" hockey? Gimme a break!

And Scott being in the game...another joke! And winning the MVP?

Yup, 5 goals in 285 career games has "All Star" written all over it....

Sorry have to disagree. What a joke! You call 15 goals in 1 period "All Star" hockey? Gimme a break!

Settle down there, Mike Milbury

Best All Star game in any sport in a very long time, and mostly because of John Scott. Watching the other players hoist the MVP onto their shoulders was incredible.

The format is fantastic. Fuck the NHL for doing their best to mess it up, but it turned out great for fans and John Scott. PS - Bettman signed through 2022.

Did you watch any of the pro bowl?

I flipped over during intermission. Woof. Who the fuck cares about randomly distributed all-stars on meaningless teams? At least there was some semblance of order and interest when it was NFC vs. AFC.

Who hurt you? You wanna talk about it? Need a good cry?

All-star MVP John Scott saved hockey, for a day: Arthur

And he still isn’t listed as a candidate for the MVP, and the crowd just rebels. They didn’t chant “LET THEM PLAY” they chanted, “JOHN SCOTT” and “MVP.” And he sweeps the write-in vote, and the commissioner has to hand him a giant novelty cheque for a million dollars, and his bearded buddy Brent Burns helps hoist that six-foot-eight, 270-pound body up on their shoulders, like he’s some kind of colossal Rudy. Which, in a way, he is.

You could write that, if you wanted. Maybe somebody will. But whoever read the script would say, come on. This is a little over the top, right? I mean, I guess his pregnant wife could have gone into labour during the game and given birth at centre ice, but otherwise, maybe tone it down a little.

But it all happened, and everyone but the league was happy as hell for him, and even the NHL had to pretend they loved him, too. In what was probably his final appearance at the NHL level, John Scott saved the all-star game. He saved the league from itself.

I'm still cracking up at this, btw:

The Habs lost to the Sabres last night? Woof.

The NHL Is Afraid Of Dennis Wideman's Defense

Wideman initially said he didn’t see linesman Don Henderson, that he looked up at the last minute, and tried to dodge left, only Henderson went left too, and the two collided. But in his Tuesday hearing, Wideman’s side officially presented the defense that the player was concussed from a hit suffered seconds earlier. He did indeed look woozy on the bench, though he stayed in the game, and was later diagnosed with a concussion.

Well, this could get ugly.

Edit: from DownGoesBrown's AMA

What's your favorite city that used to have an NHL team, but doesn't anymore?

[–]r_slash
Montreal

[–]smcindoe
Montr-- crap, that guy beat me to it.

Last edited:
Back