• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-2019 NHL Thread – Thunderstorm Warning

Well in the Sharks-Oilers game we are at 6 mins left in the 2nd period, it is 5-0 Sharks and the Oilers have resorted to pulling their starting goalie and an Oilers player just speared a guy in the junk to earn a game misconduct. I think this lead is safe.

As I'm typing, it is now 6-0

Hard to figure this R's team. Didn't like AV sitting rugged Glass in favor of a frail rookie but overall it worked....at least for this game. BTW, officiating was pretty bad....twice the Habs had 6 guys on ice and R's once yet no calls. And some brutal slashes and cross checks right in front of a ref were ignored. On to Montreal !

Tom Wilson is having a hell of a period. He swept the puck off the goal-line, millimeters from being a goal for the Leafs - that lead to a counter-attack and goal at the other end, which he's currently credited with (making it 3-1 instead of 2-2). Also, he scored on a breakaway to make it 4-1.

It's still the first period. There's time for anything to happen.

I am a bit stunned by how the Predators manhandled the Blackhawks, who I had down to be in the Stanley Cup finals with one of several possibilities from the East. Is this team for real compared to the powers in the East, or was this an implode by Chicago? I do not watch West Coast hockey because it is on after my bed time.

I am a bit stunned by how the Predators manhandled the Blackhawks, who I had down to be in the Stanley Cup finals with one of several possibilities from the East. Is this team for real compared to the powers in the East, or was this an implode by Chicago? I do not watch West Coast hockey because it is on after my bed time.

Most predicted Nashville to be very good going into the season. Then they under-performed. Probably just saving up for the playoffs. I hope they have room on the bandwagon for one more.

Great adjustments by AV between periods 2 and 3.

mm -

The Good - Henry again, Fast, McD, Girardi ( can't believe it ! ), Brady, Smith, Zucc and Nash.

The Better - Zab,

The Bad - Stahl ( huge giveaway ), Kreider ( 2 shifts ain't enough...gotta HIT someone/anyone ), Hayes ( 6-5 230 and wouldn't know a HIT if he tripped over it ) and Mr Passive Stephan.

Otherwise, great OT and HUGE win....Habs just caved somehow in OT.

Back