• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 NFL Season ends: Patriots win Superbowl!

Chiefs fire DC Bob Sutton. Rumor is that KC may hire Rex Ryan as his replacement.

May not be a bad move. They have some talent on D - 2 edge rushers, a great DT and a good S, who just came back. They shouldn't be as bad as they are.

ha!
nfl just fined robey-coleman for his hit in the nfc title game. wow. that's some balls by the nfl. saints even more pissed off now

So sad we couldn’t see what skillful handoffs or 3-yard runs Taysom Hill would’ve pulled off in the Super Bowl

the saints are being such freaking babies about the PI

maybe you shouldn't need one call to go your way in a home playoff game

You do realize the game would've effectively ended if that call was made, right? Granted, they couldn't stop the Rams on either FG drive, but they shouldn't have had to even try.

You do realize the game would've effectively ended if that call was made, right? Granted, they couldn't stop the Rams on either FG drive, but they shouldn't have had to even try.

Watch the video. At best, there should have been offsetting penalties.

Rams would have scored a TD on the previous drive if they called the facemask on Goff. You can play the what if game all day long. Missed PI was only a big deal because it was right at the end of the game.

One of the reasons people have such a hard time getting past the particular call is because it was also a blatant helmet to helmet hit that was also not called
The NFL did levy a fine for the helmet to helmet hit.

Most PI calls involve two guys who are close together in route running/coverage. The play in question had a wide open receiver who was blasted by a guy coming from far away. Also supposed to be one of the points of emphasis in the player safety realm

This^

Not a Saints fan, but if that call had gone against one of our teams we would be going batshit crazy right now. I don't think we would be consoled, in the least, by the other missed penalties that weren't called. I'm not going to say, "I guess we deserve this as payback since they missed the offsides in the 2nd quarter." If Wake lost to Carolina in the ACC Championship game (2020) over that call this place would be raging and rightfully so.

2018 NFL Season: Superbowl Rams v. Patriots. Goff vs Brady. Who ya like?

On the last drive Tom Brady has 3 3rd and 10 conversions to extend the drive.

Ryan Tannehill had 3 such conversions all season

Last edited:
This^

Not a Saints fan, but if that call had gone against one of our teams we would be going batshit crazy right now. I don't think we would be consoled, in the least, by the other missed penalties that weren't called. I'm not going to say, "I guess we deserve this as payback since they missed the offsides in the 2nd quarter." If Wake lost to Carolina in the ACC Championship game (2020) over that call this place would be raging and rightfully so.

You had me going until that last sentence.

On the last drive Tom Brady has 3 3rd and 10 conversions to extend the drive.

Ryan Tannehill had 3 such conversions all season

This was the most frustrating thing to watch. Stops on first and second downs to create the dreaded third and long, and then that faceassed dickbag figures out that no one can cover both Gronk and Edelman.

Rams to the Super Bowl in Sean McVay's second year shows what a terrible coach Jeff Fisher is/was. I guess that gym teacher mustache goes a long way toward credibility. How incredible Steve McNair and Eddie George must have been to reach the Super Bowl with Fisher as coach.

Fisher is a defensive coach and had a good run in Tennessee. But he's no QB whisperer and had bad OCs in StL.

Some Saints fans still pursuing a lawsuit against the NFL for the outcome of the NFC Championship game.

Back