• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 NFL Season ends: Patriots win Superbowl!

I didn't realize there were people that didn't think Romo was awesome as a commentator.

Learn something new everyday.

it is interesting to hear Romo call out the play right before it happens.

Yes, he's the most insightful color guy out there now, although he could get rid of some of the cute noises. When he'd do a Ravens game and call out our plays before they happened, I thought that the other team likely had that ability as well and am happy that we no longer have Marty Morninweg as our OC. I also used to enjoy Mayock doing color on NFLN because he was similarly insightful. Now he's reaching in round 1 for Gruden. Probably won't end well.

BTW, did you enjoy your natty?:thumbsup:

Again - I realize that a lot of people think he is really good - but he just doesn't do it for me. I am tuning in for the game - not to see if Romo can yell out the play that is going to be run before it happens. For me, it comes off as gimmicky, and he tramples on my enjoyment of the actual game. I much prefer Collinsworth and Aikman. To each his own I guess.

Saying why something happened after a play is a lot more valuable insight than calling out what an offense is about to do in the frantic seconds before they snap the ball.

Not saying Romo is bad at the former, but a guy like Collinsworth is probably at least his equal in that category

We can all agree that Joe Buck is the worst. Troy is alright, but is kinda brain-dead. I think Collinsworth can be really whiney and kind of annoying sometimes, but I like him a lot more than I used to. Al Michaels is obviously a legend.

People are still getting giddy about Romo calling out plays pre-snap? Lol.

Yes, he's the most insightful color guy out there now, although he could get rid of some of the cute noises. When he'd do a Ravens game and call out our plays before they happened, I thought that the other team likely had that ability as well and am happy that we no longer have Marty Morninweg as our OC. I also used to enjoy Mayock doing color on NFLN because he was similarly insightful. Now he's reaching in round 1 for Gruden. Probably won't end well.

BTW, did you enjoy your natty?:thumbsup:

Yeah, it was definitely better than last yr's ending. been waiting since the Sampson yrs and didn't believe I would live to see it ever happen.

those final 3 games gave the old heart a workout.

Sounds like Miami will trade their second round pick for Rosen and then maybe also get a late round pick. So the Giants could have picked a stud defender with the 6th pick, and then gotten Rosen with their second round pick. Rosen and Josh Allen/Al Oliver vs Jones and whoever they get in the second round. Ouch.

A paltry 4 Pro-Bowls in his long career and overshadowed by much better QBs in the same era. His highest QBR season is 93.6. Tony Romo, whom also won't get in the HOF, started for 9 seasons; 7 of those he had a QBR higher than 93.6 with 2 seasons north of 100.

He won't get in despite the two crazy SB runs.

I must have missed where the NFL gave out rings for QBR. The "two crazy SB runs" means ELIte and Romo aren't even in the same conversation. You sound like the idiot trying to argue why the bubble team should be in because they had a higher efficiency rating than the #2 seed ACC tournament champion.

Eli road some mighty impressive DL coattails

People understand that, including HOF voters

Eli is def infinity times better than Marino.

tenor.gif

Back