• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 NFL Season ends: Patriots win Superbowl!

Announcers aren’t used to such brilliant clock management.

Great game by Rodgers, but Packers are a fraud. Rodgers masks what is otherwise a bottom 1/3 team. Time for McCarthy to go. And Witten -- he is painful.

Great game by Rodgers, but Packers are a fraud. Rodgers masks what is otherwise a bottom 1/3 team. Time for McCarthy to go. And Witten -- he is painful.

Has ESPN explained why Booger is on the field and not in the booth with or instead of Witten? I like having a former TE and DT doing commentary, but Witten needs work.

The NFC is the Rams and a bunch of mediocre/bad teams.

The Skins-Panthers game was just painful to watch. The Skins/Giants games this year may be among the most boring NFL games ever.

The NFC is the Rams and a bunch of mediocre/bad teams.

The Skins-Panthers game was just painful to watch. The Skins/Giants games this year may be among the most boring NFL games ever.

And just who in the AFC is better than mediocre, outside of KC and NE on offense? I think NO is legitimately good, and given the talent, I think Min and Phi are going to start to round into being the teams they were last year. And GB will win 10 games, solely based on Rodgers. But it's just a strange year where we have few great teams, and we're getting wild upsets on a weekly basis - which is why there are no survivor leagues remaining.

Agree with the others on Booger and Witten. Will defend Tessitore's question as to why the FG team wasn't out there because I was thinking the same thing - you complete it inbounds and you're going to OT. But it's Rodgers, so he's the 1 guy you leave out there with 6 seconds remaining. And SF wasn't defending the sideline so maybe it was worth that 1 endzone shot even though Crosby had been solid earlier.

yeah, running a play with six seconds left to get it down to three seconds isn't that clever or worth it

I'm excited about the end of the season and playoffs. Should be some good matchups. And while the Rams are clearly the best team, they're not unbeatable and don't have an amazing home field advantage to overcome.

Last edited:
Yeah, tough to crown the Rams after last season’s playoff debacle against the Falcons.

Yeah. I think the Rams were a year away last year, but they're not a sure thing. Along with that, there are several other NFC teams who just need to recover from injuries or tweak something here or there to make a leap. I'd put the Eagles, Panthers, Vikings, Packers, and probably the Skins, Falcons, and Seahawks in that group.

You guys are overestimating the Packers. Optimistic scenario for them is 8-7-1. No chance they win 10 games with their remaining schedule.

Aaron Rodgers, man. Aaron Rodgers.

I did forget the Bears on the list above. I need to watch them more to see if they're on the first or second list.

Chargers too - they shoulda beat SF more convincingly but they dominated in their other three wins and their two Ls are KC and the Rams. Given the state of Denver and the Raiders I think they're a good bet for the 5 seed

I also think the Ravens have looked pretty sharp so far.

This is their 1st healthy year in the last 3-4 seasons, but they're still a limited team. With today's rules, having a really solid D still only gets you so far. They have a mediocre OL that has done surprisingly well in passpro, but they've been lousy in run blocking. Add to that they have no playmakers who you have to game plan for, and the OC is Marty Morninweg. I think last week was a bit of an aberration. Mariotta had a banged up right arm, and they appeared not to respect his ability to throw it downfield because they were mostly playing Weddle in 1 deep with Jefferson on the LOS. I have no idea why the Titans left him in to take that beating.

That said, I'm looking forward to going to the Saints game this week. The last time we played them it was a fantastic game.

Chargers too - they shoulda beat SF more convincingly but they dominated in their other three wins and their two Ls are KC and the Rams. Given the state of Denver and the Raiders I think they're a good bet for the 5 seed

PhiLLLLLip Rivers isn't a good bet for anything other than another early exit if they make it that far.

PhiLLLLLip Rivers isn't a good bet for anything other than another early exit if they make it that far.

Dude, you act like Eli is the greatest thing since slices bread. Out of curiosity, I looked up the career stats for Rivers, Eli and Ben (who have all had good careers).

Rivers: 64% completion, 52K yards, 7.8 avg, 357 TDs, 169 picks, 95.4 rating
Eli: 60%, 53K, 7.0 avg, 345 TD, 232 picks, 83.7 rating
Ben: 64%, 53K, 7.9 avg, 341 TD, 180 picks, 94 rating

Both Ben and Phillip clearly have better numbers and are still going strong, whereas Eli is pretty much done. Rivers hasn't had the fortune to be on as many good teams as Ben or Eli, but if you ask me who has been the better and more consistent QB, I'd take Phillip over Eli (and I don't like Phillip for obvious reasons and like Eli).

Top five teams in DVOA (advanced stats, avert your eyes 2&2) are: Chiefs, Rams, Bears, Ravens, Chargers.

On the flip side, the Bills have the second worst offense through six weeks of any team since 1986, "topped" only by the 2004 Dolphins.

Back