• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 NFL Season ends: Patriots win Superbowl!

To casual fans he will be remembered a 2 time champion. That's all that matters these days in sports. To experts he won't be remembered to great acclaim, but he still got them rings. Would you rather have had Eli's career or Dan Marino?

To casual fans he will be remembered a 2 time champion. That's all that matters these days in sports. To experts he won't be remembered to great acclaim, but he still got them rings. Would you rather have had Eli's career or Dan Marino?

Really good question. Probably Eli's, and Marino was my favorite player growing up.

If Flacco somehow got another one would he be HOF bound? Or would he also need Eli’s longevity? Haven’t looked at stats but I feel like they are probably comparable from a season average standpoint.

Definitely Marino.

Do rings matter more today than in the past? I feel like we've gotten wiser about that thing than sports fans like the relic that is 2&2 used to be

I think they matter less now and I agree fans are savvier, but if it was me I'd probably have rather had Eli's career than Marino's even despite that. Marino has to hear shit like what Boomer Esiason said several years ago while Eli can always point to two rings whenever someone wants to shit on his career in general

Chiefs at Patriots. Rams at Broncos. Which undefeated teams will still be undefeated at the end of today?

If Flacco somehow got another one would he be HOF bound? Or would he also need Eli’s longevity? Haven’t looked at stats but I feel like they are probably comparable from a season average standpoint.

To answer your first question, we may get to see - not this year but next. I've been saying Flacco will win the SB next year as QB of the Jags.

I've said for years that Eli and Joe are essentially the same person. They're type B personalities who are immobile but who have strong and accurate arms and can make every throw an NFL QB needs to make. Neither can carry an offense themselves or extend plays like a Wilson or Rodgers can. Neither belong in the HOF (even if Joe does get his 2nd ring), but they're solid franchise QBs when they're well protected and have some weapons. All of that said, Eli is looking like you can stick a fork in him these days. The Giants may want to give Lauletta a few games of snaps to give him a looksee if Eli continues to struggle.

Rather have Eli's career, but if I am picking a QB to be a fan of, Marino for sure.

LOL at paying jon gruden all that money. Is there any chance the game hasn’t completely passed him by?

Crazy finishes in Atlanta and Miami. Drake fumbled the hall at the goal line on the first possession of OT. The Bucs attempted a QB draw to midfield lateral play to win. Would have worked if not for poor execution.

Miami finally wins on a field goal at the end of OT after Chicago misses FG attempt with 2 min left in OT.

AFC South and NFC East stink.

I'm curious as to where all the Dak haters are at today? Curiously quiet.

Back