• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 NFL Season ends: Patriots win Superbowl!

Question for the boards

We have a weekly straight up wins pool in my office with 6 guys. Top two guys tied this week, and the tiebreaker is always combined score in the MNF game. I picked the Saints, but just straight up forgot to input the tiebreaker score. The guy who did remember had a total of 59 points. I argue my tiebreaker score is 0, and with the total of 21 points scored, I am saying I win. Who wins?

The other guy.

Question for the boards

We have a weekly straight up wins pool in my office with 6 guys. Top two guys tied this week, and the tiebreaker is always combined score in the MNF game. I picked the Saints, but just straight up forgot to input the tiebreaker score. The guy who did remember had a total of 59 points. I argue my tiebreaker score is 0, and with the total of 21 points scored, I am saying I win. Who wins?
You don't win by forgetting. Take the L.

I posted it to the group for them to decide but yeah it's dumb that I'm going to lose because I would certainly have been closer if I had just remembered to input the score (would have put something like 20-17). I'm hoping the other dude will offer to chop it.

I posted it to the group for them to decide but yeah it's dumb that I'm going to lose because I would certainly have been closer if I had just remembered to input the score (would have put something like 20-17). I'm hoping the other dude will offer to chop it.

The other guy should definitely win

Turnovers in the playoffs:
Eli - 9 INTs, 5 fumbles in 12 games - 1.17 per game
Rivers - 9 INTs, 3 fumbles in 9 games - 1.33 per game

Huge difference

You are proving my point. 7 of ELIte's 9 postseason INTs came in 4 one-and-done playoff years, and the opposition scored 21+ in all 4 games. In the two Super Bowl seasons, a total of 8 postseason games against the best teams in the league, he threw a total of 2 INTs. In those two seasons, he sustained drives and stopped turning the ball over, the opposition scored 21+ a combined 0 times, and they won two Super Bowls. Rivers has never been able to come close to doing that, has been consistently mistake prone, puts his defense in bad situations, and has been a career loser as a result. It is pretty simple, they have lost because of him and will continue to lose because of him.

Absolutely shocking that a Romo fan comes to Rivers' defense. No similarities there at all. But dose fantasy points doe.

Dumb shits like 2&2 throwing a hissy fit over the Giants benching Eli last season, because he managed not to lose games 11 and 7 years ago is why they suck again this year and will suck again for the next few years since they didn't draft a QB in a QB-rich class. Congratulations

saquon is pretty freaking ridiculous though

would much rather have him than any rookie QB besides baker

Def disagree and don't think that take will age well, all of them are showing plenty of promise

Def disagree and don't think that take will age well, all of them are showing plenty of promise

Saquan is basically having the greatest rookie season by a RB in NFL history, and Eli is having a better statistical season, by far, than any of the rookie QBs other than arguably Mayfield who they couldn't have picked anyway. But okay.

Saquan is basically having the greatest rookie season by a RB in NFL history, and Eli is having a better statistical season, by far, than any of the rookie QBs other than arguably Mayfield who they couldn't have picked anyway. But okay.

And yet they have a worse record than the Browns and at best a two games better record than those teams with rookie QBs. Seems to have really worked out.

Eli is playing better than rookie QBs. Such a high bar. CANTON!

I’ll argue Kareem Hunt, Alvin Kamara, and Ezekiel Elliott over the past three years were better, and they actually contributed to teams that made the playoffs.

Browns prob coulda had both. Don't think there was any interest in Baker that high.

I thought the same thing. Take Barkley at one and then whoever is left over between Mayfield, Darnold, Rosen, etc., after the Jets and Giants pick.

Eli Manning is done and has been done for awhile. Eli has one winning season as Giants QB since 2012.

The rationale for drafting Saquon and keeping Eli at QB was that the Giants could win now as Eli is getting to the end of his career, and RBs have a short shelf-life. At 5-9, the Giants are going to have another losing season, and they still need a QB. So, if the argument is the Giants would be worse than the current 5-9 (btw, the same record as the Jets and Bills and worse than the Browns other teams with rookie QBs) with a rookie QB, that may be true, but you would now have your future QB to build around and closer to becoming relevant. The Giants are bad with a 37 year-old QB who will be worse next year. Saquon is a great talent. Fun to watch, but this is not a RBs league any more. Got to throw the ball to win.

FWIW, Eli is #22 in passing rating (behind Mayfield) and #30 in QBR, which also incorporates rushing ability (behind Mayfield and Allen, but ahead of Rosen and Darnold).

The argument in support of drafting Saquon is that the Giants felt that none of Darnold, Rosen, Allen or Lamar Jackson could be a long term answer. We shall see.

I think it's just that the Giants misjudged how bad Eli sucks now and/or felt too much loyalty to him and they thought Barkley is a generational-type talent.

Eli Manning is done and has been done for awhile. Eli has one winning season as Giants QB since 2012.

The rationale for drafting Saquon and keeping Eli at QB was that the Giants could win now as Eli is getting to the end of his career, and RBs have a short shelf-life. At 5-9, the Giants are going to have another losing season, and they still need a QB. So, if the argument is the Giants would be worse than the current 5-9 (btw, the same record as the Jets and Bills and worse than the Browns other teams with rookie QBs) with a rookie QB, that may be true, but you would now have your future QB to build around and closer to becoming relevant. The Giants are bad with a 37 year-old QB who will be worse next year. Saquon is a great talent. Fun to watch, but this is not a RBs league any more. Got to throw the ball to win.

FWIW, Eli is #22 in passing rating (behind Mayfield) and #30 in QBR, which also incorporates rushing ability (behind Mayfield and Allen, but ahead of Rosen and Darnold).

The argument in support of drafting Saquon is that the Giants felt that none of Darnold, Rosen, Allen or Lamar Jackson could be a long term answer. We shall see.

The Giants aren't going to have a good enough pick to get Herbert. Either that, or they'll have to give up a lot to move up to get him. The other possibility is that Oakland may end up with the #1 pick, and it sounds like Gruden and Carr aren't getting along. Very possible that they could draft Herbert and trade Carr, and if they do that, the Giants seem like a good destination for Carr. Or maybe you sign Bridgewater and then draft a Lock or Grier in the 2nd round. They've been hinting recently at keeping Eli, but that has to be a smokescreen.

Barkley is a generational talent and I'm not sold at all in any of the QBs in this class (except Baker)

Back