• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019-20 College Basketball Thread

I wonder just how bad the Holes would've been from the beginning of the season had they not landed Cole Anthony in the first place?

And, I suppose we could also wonder what we would be like if we had.
[Can't really assume he would've been injured for most of the year... transitive property doesn't work like that]

Skaka won with an underdog type team, his players bought into what he was preaching. Not sure the one and done and McD AA's are the type of players that would respond to that.

Always thought the logic was the Shaka did well at a school that was not in the spot light.

I think there is less downside risk with Shaka. He'd probably bring a level of excitement to the program they would wouldn't get from a relatively unknown coach from another program.

Creighton, a private university just a few hundred smaller in enrollment than Wake (undergrad + grad) is ranked #23 and had almost 18,000 at their game against DePaul today. DePaul has taken the Wake route and was in contract extension talks with Dave Leitao in September even after the NCAA hit them with probation. Amazing what a competent AD can do to energize a fan base. Wake and DePaul might as well have an annual pillow fight game at this point.

Creighton, a private university just a few hundred smaller in enrollment than Wake (undergrad + grad) is ranked #23 and had almost 18,000 at their game against DePaul today. DePaul has taken the Wake route and was in contract extension talks with Dave Leitao in September even after the NCAA hit them with probation. Amazing what a competent AD can do to energize a fan base. Wake and DePaul might as well have an annual pillow fight game at this point.

Add one "g" Greg McDermott to the list of potential replacements for Danny. But will he leave the midwest?

I have zero idea why any school is employing Leitao. He's a terrible game coach who doesn't know what an out of bounds play looks like, he's not a particularly good recruiter, and he's an abusive asshole. He's a Bob Knight personality with a name redacted ability to coach.

Why does Roy pull both bigs at the same time then wonder why teams go on a run inside?

Roy's a system coach, and as long as he has the talent to fit his system it usually works well, although he tends to be lazy in teaching some fundamentals, like free-throw shooting, and he's pretty mediocre as a bench coach. When he doesn't have the right talent to fit his uptempo system it can all fall apart, which is partly what's happened to them this year. And he's too stubborn to actually adjust. It would be nice if it were the start of a trend, but unfortunately they've got a great (Top 5 nationally in most rankings) class coming in next year, and no doubt most of this team (except for Anthony) will be back. So this is probably more of an aberration than a trend. But it's fun to watch them stumble and suffer while it lasts.

Last edited:
If Royboy doesn't retire before the new NBA CBA, you should expect more seasons like this one. If he can't select Burger Boys, he will not succeed.

could the Heels go down again to a last second jumper? yes. lashevski? hit a 3 with 2.4 secs, ND 77-76 final

Last edited:
This is a game that I would normally want both teams to lose.....or tie.
Tonight, I’m glad ND actually won.....although it was close. Very close.

Cole Anthony isn’t anything special

Damn it, they are making it real hard for Danny to get back to DFL!

Exactly - this annoys me. Funny thing is the Carolina has some potential to get their shit together and make a run in Gboro. We have zero chance to escape Wednesday (again).

Back