• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019-2020 NHL Thread – Playoffs???

Ha, I'm not complaining at all...bad calls happen in sports, and especially with subjective calls. I'm just amused how you or others say Boston gets all the calls (or better yet the NHL sets it up) and then you'll ignore when the opposite happens. Convenient.

Toronto has outplayed Boston all three games, Bruins were lucky to finish their chances in Game 1.

What year of playoff hockey are you watching there champ?

Looks like the NHL may be joining suit in the protest movement. Sounds like both of tonight's games may be postponed.

Looks like the NHL may be joining suit in the protest movement. Sounds like both of tonight's games may be postponed.

Tonight’s games and tomorrow games have been postponed. They are expected to resume the playoffs Saturday. If I’m a Bruins fan this little break couldn’t come at a better time. Lightning have been rolling since game 2 started.

Miro baby! He's a better defender than scorer.

Bruins-Ning was kinda Canes-Bruins inverted for the Bs. Like the Canes clear weaker team early in the series, then upped their game but couldn't catch a break towards the end. And also couldn't stop the opposition's top line.

Ning might just be the best offensive-defensive combo out there tho obvs can't lose Kucherov

It’s Bolts v Knights for the cup. Best possible matchup for the casual fan though. Two complete teams playing the best hockey they have all season. Tampa has now been to the conference finals 6 times since their inception (1992). Third most of any team in the league since then (behind Pittsburgh and Chicago). Only one cup to show for it so far, you know that fan base is dying to get over that hump. If they draw the Isles they may sweep into the Finals. Perfect matchup for them in my opinion.

The Knights could have their hands full with either Dallas or Colorado as they both have the offenses to out score anyone in the league. I just don’t see either team being able to take Vegas in a 7 game series though.

I’ll take Vegas in 7 over Tampa in a back and forth series for the Cup.

I'm not quite willing to go that far, Dallas has certainly shown a lot of moxie and have a lot of dudes desperate for one last real shot at the Cup though the Avs are obvs banged up right now so that's a big part of their success. Avs also would get a huge lift if they come back and win this series, but regardless they would need to get healthier.

Ning I don't expect to have much of a prob with the Isles or Flyers

Is it safe to say there’s more talent in the league now than ever in its history? I think so. Less goonery leads to more gorgeous goals like this one.

Holy hell, Carter Hart :eek:

Flyers / Islanders going to game 7 despite the Isles out-shooting the Flyers 53-31.

Holy hell, Carter Hart :eek:

Flyers / Islanders going to game 7 despite the Isles out-shooting the Flyers 53-31.

Thos game backs my earlier point that a really good goaltender having a really good game can negate a lot of offense.

ETA: See post #523 above in this thread. Carter Hart had one of THOSE games. 53 shot, 49 saves.

Last edited:
Thos game backs my earlier point that a really good goaltender having a really good game can negate a lot of offense.

ETA: See post #523 above in this thread. Carter Hart had one of THOSE games. 53 shot, 49 saves.

How you got about getting one is my issue. No problem drafting dudes "early" like the Flyers did with Hart or the Canucks did with Demko. But even then Hart was the first goalie drafted at #48 and Demko was the second one drafted at #36, which speaks to the crapshoot nature of the position.

I think the bigger thing is having good goalie organizational depth so you have options on who is gonna bust out in the playoffs and be a star. Because who that dude is is pretty rando. You coulda got good money on it being Demko or even Hart before the season, and absurdly good odds on it being Binnington before the start of last season

Last edited:
This is an all-timer Game 7 between the Avs and Stars, prayers up for fans of these two. Gonna feel for whichever of these two gets bounced

This is an all-timer Game 7 between the Avs and Stars, prayers up for fans of these two. Gonna feel for whichever of these two gets bounced

That game took a few years off my life. Hell of a Game 7

Glad Benn/Seguin finally break through. This team has some moxie

Really cool seeing Vegas give Demko props after the series last night.

Also just realized we took Nedeljkovic the pick directly after Demko. Woulda been nice if he fell one more spot

da554bda0b5cc15d5a7441439c519520.jpg

Back