• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019-2020 NHL Thread – Playoffs???

To me, the glaring hole is goalie. I hope Nedeljkovic turns out to be the franchise's future. If not, we're going to need to do some work.

I think we can get by with what we've got. Goaltending is way less important than in the old days, look at how many of the recent Cup-winning goalies are faring at the mo

And we're prolly gonna have to go with the current state, both Reimer and Mrazek are on the books for $3M plus next year (though free agents after that). If we had faith in Ned as more than anything than a backup long term I don't think we sign Reimer this offseason. All I've seen is he's projected to not be a starter type.

Maybe shouldn't go full post-mortem yet but what we really need to do is have a strong regular season and not be clawing just to make the playoffs. There's no reason why we can't finish solidly near the top of the Metro and comfortably in the playoffs -- Pens and Caps are running on fumes, I doubt Philly will be this good next year, the Isles and CBJ are what they are and will be perennial bubble teams without much top-end talent, and the Rangers and Devils are still young as hell and building.

Put a 100+-point season together and stick in the Metro for the first two rounds of the playoffs where we avoid BOS/TB/TML (if they figure their shit out) until the conf finals. See no reason why that's not doable

Last edited:
The Islanders are good, and Trotz is an unbelievable coach. Their lines are cohesive, their defense stout, and they’re just flat-out winning everything from face-offs to shots to avoiding the box.

But also: the Capitals are lifeless and disorganized. Reirden is hot trash.

It looks like this may be Holtby’s last game as a Capital and that makes me sad.

Sorry rad but I hope y'all, the Blues and the rest of the West get out of the way and give us a Vegas-Avs WCF. Would be some top-notch hockey

Sorry rad but I hope y'all, the Blues and the rest of the West get out of the way and give us a Vegas-Avs WCF. Would be some top-notch hockey

Avs look amazing. Vegas, not much of a weakness anywhere. Unless Khudobin steals a series Stars aren't getting by either one of them.

Avs are my most hated team. Late 90's against the Stars was a great rivalry.

Yeah offense looks much better. Defense just has to avoid the sloppy clears that lead to easy scoring chances. Both goalies looking solid early.

And just lackadaisical at inopportune times, the Pastrnak breakaways were terrible and Mrazek gotta be better on that goal

Some amazing saves earlier by Mrazek and then just a fundamentally bad play. That's Detroit Mrazek, not supposed to be Carolina Mrazek.

That sequence from goal line clearance to Pastrnak breakaway was crazy.

Here's to going on a long run and not running into the Bruins next year.

And if we do, hopefully it's in the conference finals. And hopefully we won't have a momentum-killing week off before. And wouldn't mind if Bergeron decides to go ahead and begin his post-hockey life

Yesterday was the only game where I thought the Canes clearly looked like the better team, and they still lost. Losing 4 games all by one goal (minus an empty netter) against arguably the best team in hockey with two star players being injured and questionable (at best) officiating is nothing to be embarrassed about. Very bright future, as long as the young nucleus can stay intact and healthy.

Back