• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019-2020 NHL Thread – Playoffs???

Can’t win when you don’t get a SOG in the third period. What’s the time split spent in our defensive zone? It’s gotta be crazy high, especially this third period.

Woof this is some kind of collapse. Still no shot in the 3rd? Jesus Christ i hate boston and really just about all of its citizens. There’s really not a single redeeming quality of the entire region.

It’s unfortunate that the 3rd period was such a beatdown that Rod probably can’t bitch about the blatant missed interference on Marchand ~20 seconds before the first goal the bench/announcers were fussing about. And if the Canes finished a hit with a high elbow and concussed a Bruin in open ice, it would have been a 5 min major. Don’t care if it looked legal. 2nd goal happened 10 seconds after.

Impressive honesty from Rod in the post presser. Gotta give credit to Boston, helluva response, lot of can't be denied vibes from them after coming up a game short last year

Only second loss all season after leading after two

What gives me some hope is how bad Halak was. If we can get a big early response next game and he lets in some more sloppy ones it's a back-to-back for Game 6 so Bruins could get in a mess with their goalies there. But it'd be an epic response if we can turn this around into a series win

Bruins definitely the better team. We needed this one badly. Just a little gift of life and it was over.

Impressive honesty from Rod in the post presser. Gotta give credit to Boston, helluva response, lot of can't be denied vibes from them after coming up a game short last year

Boston appears to be the better team, as the regular season results would indicate.

I mean, that doesn't always have a huge bearing in the playoffs and the gap wasn't THAT wide. But they've certainly just gone right back to the level they were at pre-lockdown after not giving a shit about the play-in.

Think we're seeing the negatives of the Canes making significant changes to the team at the trade deadline and those guys not having a proper opportunity to bed in, Boston just way more cohesive than us. At least Trocheck and Skjei weren't rentals and will be back next year so if it doesn't happen this year it can next

Boston, much as I hate them, are fun to watch as well. Just relentless. Their neutral zone D is awesome.

I mean, that doesn't always have a huge bearing in the playoffs and the gap wasn't THAT wide. But they've certainly just gone right back to the level they were at pre-lockdown after not giving a shit about the play-in.

Think we're seeing the negatives of the Canes making significant changes to the team at the trade deadline and those guys not having a proper opportunity to bed in, Boston just way more cohesive than us. At least Trocheck and Skjei weren't rentals and will be back next year so if it doesn't happen this year it can next

I forgot how mediocre they were in the play in. Trocheck has played well but it would be nice for him to put a puck or two in the goal. Same can be said for some of the other forwards.

The Canes were a better team this season, and this series, than they were last year. A lot of that can be attributed to Svetch's growth, and he and Aho will continue to improve and be the foundation of the franchise for years. Teuvo was probably our best player this season and is only 25. The defense is set for a while, especially when Pesce is healthy. Slavin and Hamilton is probably the best pairing in the NHL. And I'm really high on some of our young players, especially Necas. What we've seen out of Geekie is exciting, and Foegele, Fleury, and Bean are young players with a lot of upside. Suzuki is a top prospect, and I bet we'll see him get some time next season.

The Bruins were the best team in hockey, and they are driven by the best line in hockey: Bergeron (age 35), Marchand (32), and Pastrnak (24). Our top line has developed into arguably a top-5 line with Aho (age 23), Svetch (20), Turbo (25). In a couple of years, they could be absolutely dominant. Right now, the best players on the team are years away from their prime, and we have pretty solid talent around them.

To me, the glaring hole is goalie. I hope Nedeljkovic turns out to be the franchise's future. If not, we're going to need to do some work.

Back