• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019-2020 NHL Thread – Playoffs???

Well, it's a series again. Don't like the Canes' chances unless they get some players back, though. If we're down 3 starting forwards on Saturday...

Nino didn’t travel. Vince could possibly return but I doubt it. Foegs definitely separated his shoulder so I doubt he goes. Geekie is a baller, and I think McCormick can do just as well as Foegele if Rod chooses to play him in his spot on Saturday. The boys giving their all will be the difference. Plays like Pesce coming back from a dirty hit to snipe a goal are going to make or break this series. I expect Petr to be back in net as well and he is buzzing right now. No matter what we come back to Raleigh now which is HUGE. Both of their goals tonight were just insane bounces leading to insane passes to the front of the net. This series could easily be 3-0 in the Canes favor if not for Vasy standing on his head and some puck luck. I think it goes at least six and have heavy money on it going seven games.

Petr was a f'kn animal last night, you roll him in game 4 and don't even think twice about it.

Petr was pretty bad and the Canes were stupid dumb, giving up what? 3 or 4 penalties 150+ feet from their goal? Just stupid and deserved to lose

That felt like an inevitability. Too many giveaways and less than crisp passing leading to clean looks or scoring chances.

Well, it's a series again. Don't like the Canes' chances unless they get some players back, though. If we're down 3 starting forwards on Saturday...

Briefly. Canes bring the D tonight (Skjei's weak TO leading to a goal notwithstanding) but leave the O at home.

Briefly. Canes bring the D tonight (Skjei's weak TO leading to a goal notwithstanding) but leave the O at home.

If talking about the second goal, I believe it was Lorentz.

I think we have to question why Rod left Petr in on Saturday after goal 4 or 5.

Canes D looked terrible in periods 2 and 3 to me. TB failed to convert about 8 other 2 on 1s or 1 on 0s, with Ned making some pretty unreal saves. If Colton's shot doesn't knuckle, he saves that one too. Tough to handle.

Assume we let Mrazek and Dougie walk. Hamilton has to be one of the worst defensive defensemen in the NHL and Mrazek won't stay for backup money. We actually have a bunch of FAs (several RFAs), including all 3 goalies. and every LW but Aho. Will be interesting who is prioritized. Svech and Ned are going to want to get paid (but are RFAs).

In other news, looking forward to the Kraken (ugh) expansion draft in July. Seattle hockey, baby! They'll never be my Canes but I'm excited anyway.

Canes D looked terrible in periods 2 and 3 to me. TB failed to convert about 8 other 2 on 1s or 1 on 0s, with Ned making some pretty unreal saves. If Colton's shot doesn't knuckle, he saves that one too. Tough to handle.

Assume we let Mrazek and Dougie walk. Hamilton has to be one of the worst defensive defensemen in the NHL and Mrazek won't stay for backup money. We actually have a bunch of FAs (several RFAs), including all 3 goalies. and every LW but Aho. Will be interesting who is prioritized. Svech and Ned are going to want to get paid (but are RFAs).

Gotta believe Svech's value decreased this season. But he's the kind of guy who turns into an all-star if you let him go. Hamilton really is a lousy defender and gets away with it offensively. He's replaceable.

Back