• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 NFL Season Thread Year 100. Superbowl LIV Winner: Kansas City Chiefs

No dramatic walk-up with the trophy? The hell?

Time must be running over for fox to cut over to their shitty network show coming up next.

Andy Reid is 61 years old. He's looked 65 for the last 20 years.

The 49ers have a RB committee and great TE but no real WR's (although Deebo Samuels is coming on - if he has a good game, look out). I was impressed with the way the Chiefs stuffed Derrick Henry. The thing about SF is they are great on the lines, which is easily overlooked. I think the Chiefs win 31-20.

Nailed it
giphy.gif

who would have thought the end-of-half clock management blunder would have been by Shanahan and not Reid?

I thought the offensive PI at the end of the first half was pretty weak.

“Congratulations to the Kansas City Chiefs on a great game, and a fantastic comeback, under immense pressure. You represented the Great State of Kansas and, in fact, the entire USA, so very well. Our Country is PROUD OF YOU!” - trump

KC's D held up better than I thought it would against the run. QB play was underwhelming on both sides. Mahomes was mediocre for 3 quarters, missing some open WRs and throwing that bad pick, not to mention the other pick was a bit behind Hill. But he lit it up on those 2 TD drives late. Garoppolo was fine throwing on play action but ineffective otherwise. Some creative play calling by both sides. And while I don't fault Shanahan for kicking the FG on the 4th and 2, I do fault him for the last 2:00 of the 1st half. They had plenty of time to try a scoring drive and still mix in some runs. SBs tend to favor the bold, and Reid was bolder than Shanahan. Really entertaining game and happy to see Reid get his.

“Congratulations to the Kansas City Chiefs on a great game, and a fantastic comeback, under immense pressure. You represented the Great State of Kansas and, in fact, the entire USA, so very well. Our Country is PROUD OF YOU!” - trump

Not defending the guy who tweeted or assuming he knows the first thing about geography, but there’s also a Kansas City, KS and while the state of MO us been split between Chiefs and Rams for a long time, there’s no other NFL team in Kansas.

They have allowed VARIOUS degrees of hand-fighting on both sides all season. I hate it. Strange place to draw a line all of a sudden.

SF got the short end of almost every close call by the refs, and still had a 10 pt lead halfway through the 4Q.

Not defending the guy who tweeted or assuming he knows the first thing about geography, but there’s also a Kansas City, KS and while the state of MO us been split between Chiefs and Rams for a long time, there’s no other NFL team in Kansas.

The guy who tweeted it does not know the first thing about anything.

agreed, but even if they don't call it, I don't think they have enough time to go for a TD because of the botched clock management

was surprised SF threw the ball on second down a couple times in the 4Q while they still had the lead

They have allowed VARIOUS degrees of hand-fighting on both sides all season. I hate it. Strange place to draw a line all of a sudden.

SF got the short end of almost every close call by the refs, and still had a 10 pt lead halfway through the 4Q.

Yeah, normally they swallow their whistles in the playoffs except for obvious and LOS penalties. I say let a little handfighting go both ways and call PI when you push a guy with both arms extended. And yeah, SF did seem to draw the short straw on the close penalties, though I wouldn't call the zebras a deciding factor in the result. Shanahan's end of half clock management and their inability to move the ball consistently in the 4th quarter were bigger factors.

agreed, but even if they don't call it, I don't think they have enough time to go for a TD because of the botched clock management

was surprised SF threw the ball on second down a couple times in the 4Q while they still had the lead

you were surprised that the coach who choked away a Super Bowl just 3 years ago - by passing when he could have iced the game via the run - decided to again ignore his successful running game and throw the ball?

They still would have gotten a 40-yd FG attempt though.

you were surprised that the coach who choked away a Super Bowl just 3 years ago - by passing when he could have iced the game via the run - decided to again ignore his successful running game and throw the ball?

Jimmy G didn't throw the ball to a wide open Kittle on 2nd and 5 and missed an open Sanders on 3rd and 5.

Back