• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 NFL Season Thread Year 100. Superbowl LIV Winner: Kansas City Chiefs

agreed, but even if they don't call it, I don't think they have enough time to go for a TD because of the botched clock management

7 seconds

12 or so yards from the End Zone -- plenty enough time for one shot and then a FG

I think the clock management thing was made mute... and then unmuted because of the call.

7 seconds

12 or so yards from the End Zone -- plenty enough time for one shot and then a FG

I think the clock management thing was made mute... and then unmuted because of the call.

As long as the QB understands that he has to throw the ball somewhere in about 3 seconds. Either to a receiver in tje end zone or to a photographer behind the end line.

7 seconds

lol mute?

giphy.gif

The 49ers have a RB committee and great TE but no real WR's (although Deebo Samuels is coming on - if he has a good game, look out). I was impressed with the way the Chiefs stuffed Derrick Henry. The thing about SF is they are great on the lines, which is easily overlooked. I think the Chiefs win 31-20.

I’ll give you props here... Great call on the score!

Went to the game and literally the first guy I saw walking into the stadium had a Wake Forest shirt on, thought that was cool and had a nice 'Go Deacs' moment.

I don't have an issue with his reinstatement. He served 6 games and doesn't have a history - just went berzerk that play.

Interestingly, I have a hunch Rudolph has played his last NFL game. Mostly because he sucked

Last edited:
Ron Rivera trying to make nice with left tackle Trent Williams. Maybe Williams will be able to find a helmet that is a comfortable fit on his surgically altered scalp. There is some hope now that the cancer is gone and Bruce Allen too.

Ron Rivera trying to make nice with left tackle Trent Williams. Maybe Williams will be able to find a helmet that is a comfortable fit on his surgically altered scalp. There is some hope now that the cancer is gone and Bruce Allen too.

Allen was the 2nd cancer. They could be decent. If Smith comes back, have him compete with Haskins, draft Young, trade Kerrigan to my Ravens, get Williams back at LT, get another WR in the 2nd round. They do those things, they don't have as far to go as the Giants do to be competitive.

I also had this idea this a.m. The Cowboys are having issues meeting Dak's asking price. So with the rumor that Stafford is on the block, tag and trade Dak and send him to Detroit. Stafford would probably be thrilled to sign an extension in the high $20s to have a chance to win it all in the next few years, and you could save $5-7mil/yr off Dak's asking price. And Detroit may be willing to do something like this if they've gotten an indication that Stafford doesn't want an extension from them.

Edited to add that I just read on 1 of the draft sites that, if Detroit traded Stafford this offseason, they'd have a $30mil cap hit. Which makes it intriguing as to why someone is putting it out there that Stafford is being shopped.

Last edited:
I don't have an issue with his reinstatement. He served 6 games and doesn't have a history - just went berzerk that play.

And now he appears to be lying to save face. I mean does anyone believe Mason Rudolph, in the split second nature of that fight, spit out a racial slur? Maybe, sure, but how the hell would you even hear it? Seriously, it just does not seem likely in that specific crazy scenario.

More like Myles Garrett is another CTE study, NFL nut job.

I'm a nut job, went berzerk, so what could I come up with that would explain my behavior (as improbable as it seems).

And now he appears to be lying to save face. I mean does anyone believe Mason Rudolph, in the split second nature of that fight, spit out a racial slur? Maybe, sure, but how the hell would you even hear it? Seriously, it just does not seem likely in that specific crazy scenario.

More like Myles Garrett is another CTE study, NFL nut job.

I'm a nut job, went berzerk, so what could I come up with that would explain my behavior (as improbable as it seems).

I've heard smaller, bitchier dudes bust out the n-word in less violent fights. So yeah, it's entirely possible that this jamoke would let one slip in a brawl.

Also based on experience, that specific word sticks out no matter how loud it is.

That's a he said/she said, and I don't care whether it was said. You still don't bash another player over the head with a helmet. And he cost himself $$ for doing it. I don't know how many teams are going to pony up $18-20mil per for a guy who could be on the verge of a really long suspension. And every team will be baiting him and every ref watching him next year. So I do think this will drive down his price a bit, especially now that the Jets fired their GM who was handing out free money. And whether or not Rudolph uttered a slur, he's going to be out of the league soon because, from what he's shown on the field, he isn't an NFL QB.

Rudolph is a career backup QB. Something like 50th or so in the QB hierarchy. He may last in that position a few more seasons.

Back