• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 NFL Season Thread Year 100. Superbowl LIV Winner: Kansas City Chiefs

Daniel Jones looks equally goofy and boring as Eli Manning from a visual perspective. Cant be worse though.

My favorite description I’ve read of him is that he looks like the guy cast to play Eli in a movie about Peyton's Life

the baseball guys - Mahomes, Kyler, Wilson - are righties with that lefty sling throw look

the baseball guys - Mahomes, Kyler, Wilson - are righties with that lefty sling throw look

Comment I heard about baseball guys playing football is that they learn different arm slots and throwing angles in baseball that they carry over to football.

this game was over when the genius Giants staff decided to do a play-action rollout for Manning on a 3rd and 1 instead of just handing it off to Saquan.

Exactly, which was the play when the refs decided that holding/PI in the endzone and helmet to helmet hits don't apply to 'Merica's Team. That said, the game was over when the Giants traded away all of their defensive players worth a damn for draft picks at the end of last season. They are horrible on purpose. That the game was somewhat close for a while is just a testament to ELIte, Saquan, and the Cowboys mediocrity.

off the top of my head, I can't think of a guy who is universally liked by fans of their sport as much as Larry Fitzgerald

other than Ish Smith, of course

He put up big numbers in college too at the University of Phoenix.

Exactly, which was the play when the refs decided that holding/PI in the endzone and helmet to helmet hits don't apply to 'Merica's Team. That said, the game was over when the Giants traded away all of their defensive players worth a damn for draft picks at the end of last season. They are horrible on purpose. That the game was somewhat close for a while is just a testament to ELIte, Saquan, and the Cowboys mediocrity.

The Cowboys may be mediocre but we have no idea after game one because the Giants' secondary is such trash that they're going to allow any QB with a pulse to throw at will all game. I mean that was one of the worst NFL secondary performances you'll ever see.

As an aside, Dak has seven career games where he's thrown for 300+ yards and three of those seven have come against the Giants (over the last five games total between the two teams).

The most puzzling and potentially league changing event was the pick-up of the defensive holding call and the explanation that followed: "There was no holding because the quarterback was outside the tackle box." If this is the proper interpretation of the defensive holding rule, then defensive guys should just wipe out receivers anytime the QB rolls out and is "outside the tackle box." For the sake of the game, I hope this particular crew has it wrong.

Yeah I believe the issue was not "holding" but rather "illegal contact." Regardless it should've been PI since you still cannot tackle a receiver regardless of where the QB is.

Yeah I believe the issue was not "holding" but rather "illegal contact." Regardless it should've been PI since you still cannot tackle a receiver regardless of where the QB is.

I don't think it should have been PI because Eli never threw the ball on the play I am thinking about. His receivers weren't open because of the illegal defensive contact/defensive holding (beyond five yards from line of scrimmage) that prevented the receivers from getting any separation from the DB's.

If the location of the QB now changes what is illegal contact/defensive holding/pass interference to pick up the flag, no call, then it will be open season on receivers anytime the QB moves outside the tackle box to throw away a pass.

22890 is correct it's the NFL "Illegal Contact Beyond Five Yards" Rule that required the QB to be in the pocket. Here is the text of the rule:

ARTICLE 3. ILLEGAL CONTACT BEYOND FIVE-YARD ZONE
Beyond the five-yard zone, if the player who receives the snap remains in the pocket with the ball, a defender cannot initiate contact with a receiver who is attempting to evade him. A defender may use his hands or arms only to defend or protect himself against impending contact caused by a receiver.(emphasis added).

The question is what will Antonio Brown do the first time Belichick tears him a new asshole in a meeting or after running the wrong route?

22890 is correct it's the NFL "Illegal Contact Beyond Five Yards" Rule that required the QB to be in the pocket. Here is the text of the rule:

ARTICLE 3. ILLEGAL CONTACT BEYOND FIVE-YARD ZONE
Beyond the five-yard zone, if the player who receives the snap remains in the pocket with the ball, a defender cannot initiate contact with a receiver who is attempting to evade him. A defender may use his hands or arms only to defend or protect himself against impending contact caused by a receiver.(emphasis added).

Nah, clearly this was some plot against the Giants for making an absolutely AWFUL play call.

Somehow the Cowboys and the NFL at large willed the play-action rollout with tortoise-like Eli Manning to take place. Just ask that super, super, super smart 2&2.

They had the wrong call by going with illegal contact, it should have been defensive holding. Both are pre-throw penalties and in this case the ball was never thrown because the WR was tackled. The ball needs to have been thrown to the WR for it to be PI.

They had the wrong call by going with illegal contact, it should have been defensive holding. Both are pre-throw penalties and in this case the ball was never thrown because the WR was tackled. The ball needs to have been thrown to the WR for it to be PI.

Yeah I had this play mixed up with the inane grounding call from earlier.

Just run the fucking football with Saquan and this doesn't matter.

You create your own luck, good or bad.

Yeah I had this play mixed up with the inane grounding call from earlier.

nope, same play I'm talking about.

3rd and 1 while driving towards end of 1st or early in 2nd Quarter

fuck knows what 2&2 is talking about. he's special

Back