• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 NFL Season Thread Year 100. Superbowl LIV Winner: Kansas City Chiefs

Just run the fucking football with Saquan and this doesn't matter.

You create your own luck, good or bad.

Kind of like what Dallas has been doing for the last 23 years?

That play had nothing to do with luck. The play call was fine, Shepard was open so the cheating bastard tackled him, and the refs fucked up the call. That wasn't luck, it was an awful call as admitted by anyone who watched it who knows anything about football.

nope, same play I'm talking about.

3rd and 1 while driving towards end of 1st or early in 2nd Quarter

fuck knows what 2&2 is talking about. he's special

Oh okay - I think that the play some are talking about was in the third quarter while the Giants were down like 18 or 25 and there was a stupid fake handoff rollout call where a moderately mobile QB would've just run for the first but Eli only got two steps before he was hit. The receiver running the out route to the right in the end zone got tackled and the refs picked up a flag.

22890 is correct it's the NFL "Illegal Contact Beyond Five Yards" Rule that required the QB to be in the pocket. Here is the text of the rule:

ARTICLE 3. ILLEGAL CONTACT BEYOND FIVE-YARD ZONE
Beyond the five-yard zone, if the player who receives the snap remains in the pocket with the ball, a defender cannot initiate contact with a receiver who is attempting to evade him. A defender may use his hands or arms only to defend or protect himself against impending contact caused by a receiver.(emphasis added).

With this rule, DB's should be doing more hitting of receivers anytime the QB steps outside the tackle box, before the ball can be thrown. Bump, push, hip check etc. Should be no-calls

With this rule, DB's should be doing more hitting of receivers anytime the QB steps outside the tackle box, before the ball can be thrown. Bump, push, hip check etc. Should be no-calls

The Thomas Davis special. Been this way for years.

Kind of like what Dallas has been doing for the last 23 years?

That play had nothing to do with luck. The play call was fine, Shepard was open so the cheating bastard tackled him, and the refs fucked up the call. That wasn't luck, it was an awful call as admitted by anyone who watched it who knows anything about football.

YOU ROLLED OUT ELI FUCKING MANNING ON 3rd and 1

stop being mad at the refs
you aren't mad at them. you're upset with your dad/coach

YOU ROLLED OUT ELI FUCKING MANNING ON 3rd and 1

stop being mad at the refs
you aren't mad at them. you're upset with your dad/coach

And it was the perfect play. Caught the Cowboys so much by surprise that they had to tackle the WR to prevent the TD.

Plenty of reasons to be upset with the Giants for that game, but that play was not one of them.

just like when a ball is tipped at the LOS

the problem is the secondary isn't paying full attention to the backfield so they are not sure of what they can do so they play it safe

I just find it comical that people that have been saying that the league is too offensive friendly now are suddenly wanting changes to the rules to favor the offenses even more. Awesome.

And it was the perfect play. Caught the Cowboys so much by surprise that they had to tackle the WR to prevent the TD.

Plenty of reasons to be upset with the Giants for that game, but that play was not one of them.

lol, you are insane or high or both

no receiver was open as Eli bootlegged

Got a video of this supposed easy touchdown? I suspect not because I'm fairly confident it never happened.

I don't recall him being wide open but there was a chance Eli could've threaded the ball in with a well-placed throw. There was a defender on Sterling's backside, and then one right off his front (the guy who tackled him).

Bills open as 2.5 favorites at the Meadowlands next Sunday vs the Giants. Not sure I'd ever have imagined that.

Bills (1-0) at Giants (0-1)
Opening line: Bills, -2.5

If this point spread seems weird to you, it should, and that's because the Bills are almost never road favorites. This game will mark the first time since 2017 that Buffalo has been favored in a road game, and unfortunately for the Bills, they don't seem to play well when they're favored on the road. Over the past five years, the Bills are 3-6 straight-up as road favorites and 2-5-1 ATS. The Bills have also never beaten Eli Manning, going 0-3 straight-up and 0-2-1 ATS. Of course, if the Bills are going to beat Eli, now's the time to do it: The Giants are just 6-19 straight-up in their past 25 games.

NE opened up as a 14.5 favorite at Miami. It's already at 17. This is going to look like a college line before it's done. Miami has something like 21 players back from last year's roster with something like 8 guys who had been signed off other teams in the week prior to the game. Not only are they likely to finish 0-16, they may not come within single digits of an opponent. Their best chances for a win are Cincy and Wash at home and NYG on the road.

NE opened up as a 14.5 favorite at Miami. It's already at 17. This is going to look like a college line before it's done. Miami has something like 21 players back from last year's roster with something like 8 guys who had been signed off other teams in the week prior to the game. Not only are they likely to finish 0-16, they may not come within single digits of an opponent. Their best chances for a win are Cincy and Wash at home and NYG on the road.

let's not rule out the jets f'ing it up when they play Miami.

let's not rule out the jets f'ing it up when they play Miami.

I doubt it. The Jets are decent and just had a hard time against a good D yesterday. Miami has no D or OL. Fitz and Rosen were hit 15+ times. I doubt either makes it through the season. They could be so bad that guys like Tua and Herbert may pull an Eli/Elway and say that they won't play there because they know they're gonna get killed. All of that said, I don't think Belichick wants to humiliate a former protege, so Stidham probably plays the whole 2nd half. (Harbs didn't sub RG3 in till the beginning of the 4th.)

Bills (1-0) at Giants (0-1)
Opening line: Bills, -2.5

If this point spread seems weird to you, it should, and that's because the Bills are almost never road favorites. This game will mark the first time since 2017 that Buffalo has been favored in a road game, and unfortunately for the Bills, they don't seem to play well when they're favored on the road. Over the past five years, the Bills are 3-6 straight-up as road favorites and 2-5-1 ATS. The Bills have also never beaten Eli Manning, going 0-3 straight-up and 0-2-1 ATS. Of course, if the Bills are going to beat Eli, now's the time to do it: The Giants are just 6-19 straight-up in their past 25 games.

Buffalo's got a goddamn defense. McDermott is a defensive genius.

Also on the Belichick taking it easy next week angle, Patricia and Vrabel both beat him outright last year. Just sayin

Bet dolphins, between Belichick throwing his old coaches a bone and the Miami hot as hell in Sept Patriots curse I wouldn’t take that line.

Tough for me to ever take a double digit favorite in the NFL.

You get up past 2 TDs and I want to take the underdog pretty much every time.

In this case, you have the worst looking team of the week (by far) against the defending Super Bowl champs, who also looked REALLY good in a primetime win against what is viewed as another good team.

Lookahead line last week was Pats -11. Now -17.5.

Only bigger road fave in last 15 years was Pats @ Ravens in the middle of the Pats '07 run.

And the Ravens nearly won...

Last edited:
Back