• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 NFL Season Thread Year 100. Superbowl LIV Winner: Kansas City Chiefs

Stupid, stupid defense by Houston.

Unbelievably stupid defense. They only had 6 seconds left on the clock, they had no time to go deep, yet you have 4 players sitting 30 yards off the line of scrimmage. They essentially let them take that 10 yards for the field goal. I don’t get NFL coaches.

Free Watson from O'Brien. Would love to see what he could do with an above average HC

Unbelievably stupid defense. They only had 6 seconds left on the clock, they had no time to go deep, yet you have 4 players sitting 30 yards off the line of scrimmage. They essentially let them take that 10 yards for the field goal. I don’t get NFL coaches.

Same coach who earlier in the game called timeout after a third down and short to decide to challenge the spot of the ball after the timeout ended. Lost the challenge and a second timeout. Now how do you let that happen? If you use the timeout there's so much time for your personnel to tell you not to challenge from upstairs. Beyond dumb.

Yup. It was obvious to anyone watching on TV. They had 5 receivers going against 3 DBs within 15 yards

Stupid, stupid defense by Houston.

Right after stupid, stupid defense by NO. Minute left, so yeah, let's play man D on Hopkins. I hate playing prevent D with 5-7:00 remaining. But when it's 1:00 remaining, and the other team needs 6, that's when you play prevent D. Really an unimpressive overall defensive effort by NO on the whole.

And while I love me some Desean Watson, that OL is still gonna get him killed, though Tunsil was a serious upgrade.

Booger called it immediately and he was right. Too easy.

Right after stupid, stupid defense by NO. Minute left, so yeah, let's play man D on Hopkins. I hate playing prevent D with 5-7:00 remaining. But when it's 1:00 remaining, and the other team needs 6, that's when you play prevent D. Really an unimpressive overall defensive effort by NO on the whole.

And while I love me some Desean Watson, that OL is still gonna get him killed, though Tunsil was a serious upgrade.

He gets a pass given the circumstances but Tunsil was beat consistently last night

He gets a pass given the circumstances but Tunsil was beat consistently last night

He had no time to learn their system, so it'll take a while. But last night Tunsil was still a yuge improvement over the preseason turnstiles they had at LT.

Philly fans try to beat up 76er Mike Scott for wearing a Redskins jersey to the game.

https://nypost.com/2019/09/09/sixers-forward-mike-scott-fights-tailgating-eagles-fans-at-stadium/

The spokesman also said it’s unfair to use this incident as an overall representation of the Philadelphia sports fan base.

“This was an unfortunate and isolated incident, and it is no way representative of the Philadelphia fan base as a whole,” the spokesman said. “This city has incredible fans and we appreciate their passion and support.”

You're right, spokesman. The Santa Claus incident was the overall representation of the Philadelphia fan base. This is just corroborating evidence.

for the most part football coaches aren't very smart

Philly fans try to beat up 76er Mike Scott for wearing a Redskins jersey to the game.

https://nypost.com/2019/09/09/sixers-forward-mike-scott-fights-tailgating-eagles-fans-at-stadium/

You're right, spokesman. The Santa Claus incident was the overall representation of the Philadelphia fan base. This is just corroborating evidence.

Dumb analogy. It was cold, snowy, the Joe Must Go banner was flying over Franklin Field, the Eagles sucked AND the pro Santa didn't show up. The Eagles had won two games and lost the OJ battle. The Santa that got pelted was short, nineteen and not fat. No one would have hired him. Hell, Santa even wore it as a badge of honor for the rest of his life.

BTW, in true Philly fashion, Santa looked at a guy about to throw a snowball at him and told the man that he wouldn't be getting anything for Xmas.

I wonder how happy the Bears are about taking Trubitsky over Watson now. :cool:

OBJ is promising to wear his watch from now on. Can't wait until someone tries to tear it off him.

Dude is just a total piece of shit. Perfect for the Trump era.

However, AB in a he said/she said is weaker than Kraft in a massage parlor. But the stuff the NFL covers up and excuses about its owners and execs compared to how it punishes it’s players makes you figure AB will be back by the second half of the season, or five days from now.

Back