• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 NFL Season Thread Year 100. Superbowl LIV Winner: Kansas City Chiefs

I was convinced Mariota would be a good NFL QB.

He’s definitely one of the guys I’ve been most wrong on coming out of college.

Current breakdown from Vegas odds gives Pats + Chiefs a 41.7% chance to win the Super Bowl (3-1 = 25% for Pats and 5-1 = 16.7% for the Chiefs). So the field sits at 58.3%.

So I either get a guaranteed NFC team who isn't going to be under 30% to win the Super Bowl in a one off game plus any other AFC team to make the Super Bowl?

Yeah I'm going to take the field on that one.

Yeah. And it’s only Week 3. I’ll take the 30 teams you didn’t mention over the 2 you did.

I was convinced Mariota would be a good NFL QB.

He’s definitely one of the guys I’ve been most wrong on coming out of college.

Friend of ours (and former poster who I won't out) was hyping Mariota and Jameis HARD as future stars.

Yeah. And it’s only Week 3. I’ll take the 30 teams you didn’t mention over the 2 you did.

Yeah if the question is "who would you take in Vegas right now: Chiefs/Pats v. field" rather than "if these teams avoid injury" (aka Brady or Mahomes getting hurt) then it's obviously the field right now.

Another buddy loved Jimmy Clausen as a prospect.

Trying to think of my worst prospect whiff on a QB. I wasn't high on Luke when we drafted him IIRC and that was idiotic in hindsight but I wasn't against the pick, just thought there were better options to fill for the time being for the Panthers.

Being against Luke because we had Beason was fair. Not thinking Luke would be a good pro is a bad take. I’m not sure anybody thought he would be an all time great.

Luke was about as safe a pick as you're ever going to have. He's going to call the defensive sets, roam the middle of the field, and tackle anybody that comes into his vicinity (plus plenty of guys who you didn't even think were in that vicinity).

I thought Jake Locker was going to be a solid to great pro.

I really thought CJ Spiller would be a pro bowl RB.

Also thought Sammy Watkins would be elite.

Yeah. Those are good ones. Spiller is one reason I’m not willing to be bullish on Etienne.

That QB class was so hyped, and both Jameis and Mariota are bottom ~6 QBs in the league.

I thought Andrew Luck would be a great 15-year starter.

I also thought Aaron Curry was going to be pretty good.

Ph thought Jamie Newman was in the conversation with Trevor Lawrence as a top qb.

Was? Will be. People are already knocking Lawrence's game and Newman is the hot new QB with rising stock. They'll start to converge.

looking at Fournette's stat line today: 15 carries for 66 yards, with a long of 69 and no TDs

that's hard to do

Back