• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 NFL Season Thread Year 100. Superbowl LIV Winner: Kansas City Chiefs

Eli Manning has no business in the Hall of Fame. Robert Horry hit a couple of giant shots in the playoffs and won seven NBA titles. Should he be in the HOF?

Was Robert Horry twice the MVP of the Finals? Was Robert Horry also 8th all-time in scoring? That is an idiotic comparison.

ETA to clarify: In addition to the 2 Super Bowl wins and 2 Super Bowl MVPs, Eli is 7th in NFL history in yards, 8th in TDs, and 6th in completions. That is arguably HOF before even getting to the Super Bowls, which alone would get him in.

Last edited:
whether you like it or not (I don't), Eli is in the HOF

the Manning name doesn't hurt either

Moving from one HOF QB to potentially another. I like it. Hopefully a 30-year stretch between the two.

LOLOLOL. You already had little-to-no credibility, but now it has gone deep, deep underground. You're such a joke. I mean...You know the search function is still a thing on this board, right?

We can all see what your true opinion of Daniel Jones is, brah.

Worst pick of this draft? Jesus H, this is the worst pick in the 95 years of the franchise. I like Dexter Lawrence a lot, so in my mind they picked Lawrence at 6 and Jones at 17. But goddammit they could have had Josh Allen (or Devin Bush) and Dexter Lawrence? At least Dave Brown was a starter for a few years, I don't see Jones as anything more than a backup.

Okay even better. We got Lawrence at 6, Baker at 17, and Jones somehow ended up on the team as an UDFA. I'll take it.

I'll trade you Daniel Jones for Burns right fucking now.

Was Robert Horry twice the MVP of the Finals? Was Robert Horry also 8th all-time in scoring? That is an idiotic comparison.

ETA to clarify: In addition to the 2 Super Bowl wins and 2 Super Bowl MVPs, Eli is 7th in NFL history in yards, 8th in TDs, and 6th in completions. That is arguably HOF before even getting to the Super Bowls, which alone would get him in.

Except the modern game inflates those numbers and rational fans (read: not you) and HOF voters understand that.

Eli 7th in passing yards. Phillip Rivers is 8th. About one thousand yards behind, so he will pass the BENCHED ELIte player by, what? Week 7 if not earlier?

Eli 8th in passing TDs. Rivers is 6th.

Eli is 6th in passing competitions all time. Rivers is 8th, about 300 behind, so he will pass the BENCHED ELIte player by the end of the year.

Does Rivers deserve to be in the HOF as well?

Rivers is easily a borderline HOF quarterback. If he had Eli's hardware he'd be a shoo-in.

Eli should be in.

RJ's Robert Horry comparison is predictably moronic.

Matt Ryan also a HOFer then?

11th all time passing TDs
11th all time passing yards
10th all time passing completions

Eli should get in based on his total career, but I disagree with the bold - Plunkett (2-time Super Bowl champ, 1 MVP) is not in and doesn't deserve to be, and if the Raiders hadn't destroyed the Skins so thoroughly in his second Super Bowl, he may well have had 2 MVPs (instead he spent the second half handing off to Marcus Allen who won the MVP)

Matt Ryan also a HOFer then?

11th all time passing TDs
11th all time passing yards
10th all time passing completions

It doesn’t all have to be positive. He also has “fame” for orchestrating the biggest collapse in Super Bowl history. Surely that merits inclusion.

Carson Palmer:

13th all time passing TDs
13th all time passing yards
12th all time passing completions

I can't wait for that thrilling HOF-worthy discussion in a few years!

If his name wasn't Manning, he wouldn't have a shot in hell at the HOF. He's the poster child for mediocrity.

His numbers are about longevity not excellence.

EDIT:

Since winning his second Super Bowl, Eli is has the most losses and most interceptions of any QB in the NFL. Sorry, if you suck for your last SEVEN years, you don't deserve to be in the HOF.

Last edited:
I’ll give up Burns for Jones right now.

BIG SHOT ROB is the greatest roll player of all time. I say this not as hyperbole, but as a VERY FIABLE fact. This alone is worthy the Hall of Fame. On the basketball court, BIG SHOT ROB directly contributed to team success year after year. He was not merely a "good" role player or a "serviceable" one just happy to be on a roster. He was "the best".

If that does not define Hall of Famer, I do not know what should.

Did you know that BIG SHOT ROB was the first player to records 100 steals, 100 blocks and 100 made 3-pointers in the same season? It is true. The Spurs have won nothing value since the decision to not play BIG SHOT ROB in a playoff game. The moral? Do not bench BIG SHOT ROB.

To those who claim that BIG SHOT ROB is not good enough to be Hall of Famer, I can only offer one simple retort:

KISS THE RINGS...

BIG SHOT ROB is the greatest roll player of all time. I say this not as hyperbole, but as a VERY FIABLE fact. This alone is worthy the Hall of Fame. On the basketball court, BIG SHOT ROB directly contributed to team success year after year. He was not merely a "good" role player or a "serviceable" one just happy to be on a roster. He was "the best".

If that does not define Hall of Famer, I do not know what should.

Did you know that BIG SHOT ROB was the first player to records 100 steals, 100 blocks and 100 made 3-pointers in the same season? It is true. The Spurs have won nothing value since the decision to not play BIG SHOT ROB in a playoff game. The moral? Do not bench BIG SHOT ROB.

To those who claim that BIG SHOT ROB is not good enough to be Hall of Famer, I can only offer one simple retort:

KISS THE RINGS...

if that is an actual rj post circa 2007 or so then holy shit. that is amazing

rj is trump. trump is rj.

LOLOLOL. You already had little-to-no credibility, but now it has gone deep, deep underground. You're such a joke. I mean...You know the search function is still a thing on this board, right?

We can all see what your true opinion of Daniel Jones is, brah.

I will be unbelievably happy if I was completely wrong about the Daniel Jones pick (which based on the preseason, I definitely was). I'll take some of that Gettlemagic.

Back