• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 NFL Season Thread Year 100. Superbowl LIV Winner: Kansas City Chiefs

Holy shit the PI review is a complete joke. Hopkins just got interfered like 3 times, but nah, call stands.

He was in a lose-lose situation here. Either let the NFL control the narrative 100% or do things on your terms which does zero to counter any narrative that you are not a team player.

Which was the point.

I really wish he had been an undeniable top 5 qb so there would’ve been no grey area.

How do McVay and Goff go from elite offensive dudes to borderline special ed guys. This game should be like 31-7. The Rams are pathetic.

Even though he was a Superbowl QB, he also was replaced at QB by __________? (Answer below) before the kneeling began.

Also, Kap has a particular skill set that is somewhat different from most NFL QBs. Any team that signs him would need to revamp their offense to gain maximum value from his skills. And would need a backup QB who could effectively run that system if Kap got injured.

Blaine Gabbert.

Not somebody who will evoke comparisons to Wally Pipp and Lou Gehrig.

How do McVay and Goff go from elite offensive dudes to borderline special ed guys. This game should be like 31-7. The Rams are pathetic.

I read that teams have adjusted to their offensive scheme, but they in turn have not adjusted themselves. They are a puzzle the league has figured out, and they are not evolving.

Which was the point.

Can Goodell and his office get anything right? He has become the master of the unforced error. This was a black eye for both the league and for Kaep. I think there was enough let bygones be bygones sentiment out there to give him another chance. I blame the league and his agent. How the hell did you not work out the arrangements for this thing ahead of time? Seems to me it was in both of their interests to stage a successful event if he wants to get back in. If Kaep and his agent weren't happy with the staging of the event, which they certainly had a right to be, either get the staging changed or object to the way it was set up ahead of time instead of waiting till Saturday, thereby creating a negative news event for both the league and Kaep. The league and Kaep would have been way better off doing and saying nothing and simply continuing their cold war.

League looks stupid. Kaep looks like a jackass.

Can't imagine any team wanting to sign a guy who can't even bother to show up at a workout he agreed to because he wants the press to see everything. Nice job proving you'll be a constant distraction.

Can Goodell and his office get anything right? He has become the master of the unforced error. This was a black eye for both the league and for Kaep. I think there was enough let bygones be bygones sentiment out there to give him another chance. I blame the league and his agent. How the hell did you not work out the arrangements for this thing ahead of time? Seems to me it was in both of their interests to stage a successful event if he wants to get back in. If Kaep and his agent weren't happy with the staging of the event, which they certainly had a right to be, either get the staging changed or object to the way it was set up ahead of time instead of waiting till Saturday, thereby creating a negative news event for both the league and Kaep. The league and Kaep would have been way better off doing and saying nothing and simply continuing their cold war.

Kaep has no interest in actually playing. This was just a PR circus in his attempt to set up another lawsuit.

It's telling the people who are buying the "Kaep doesn't want to play" line.

The NFL set a trap for Kaep and he didn't take the bait. Here's a comparison of the NFL's workout waiver and the one from Kaepernick's legal team.
https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/11/18/colin-kaepernick-copy-of-workout-waiver

No shit it is different, he already sued them once. Any waiver is designed to prevent a lawsuit, that is its one and only purpose. Of course a waiver for someone who already sued you once is going to be different than for someone who hasn't because, again, the entire point of a waiver is to use it to not get sued.

How many other 32 year old veterans trying to get picked up for a backup role to extend their careers insist on doing everything on their terms? Somebody who just wants to play doesn't give a shit where the workout is held, whether the workout is filmed, what language is in the waiver, etc.

The NFL set a trap for Kaep and he didn't take the bait. Here's a comparison of the NFL's workout waiver and the one from Kaepernick's legal team.
https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/11/18/colin-kaepernick-copy-of-workout-waiver

Okay, so why didn't Kaep's agent and the NFL have all of this worked out before last Saturday? Did they really not anticipate such a problem? So essentially what happened was that, instead of continuing their cold war, they both got into a hot egg throwing war and both came away with egg on their faces.

Here’s a good thread about the timeline of it all and why Kapernick seemed to make the right call to vial

Back