• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 NFL Season Thread Year 100. Superbowl LIV Winner: Kansas City Chiefs

In a vacuum, regardless of collegiate affiliations or past actions, do you support his actions of stomping the person who had just swung a helmet at his quarterback's unprotected head?

In a vacuum, regardless of collegiate affiliations or past actions, do you support his actions of stomping the person who had just swung a helmet at his quarterback's unprotected head?

Don't blame him, but also don't support him. What the other Steelers OL (Decastro?) did was perfect - pulled him away, tackled him, restrained him on the ground. Hell, Garrett even thanked him for getting him under control. Pouncey literally kicked a guy while he was down.

Was't Marty McSorely charged for assaulting someone with his hockey stick? I think some hockey players have been charged.

Him and Dino Cicarelli were both charged criminally for on-ice incidents. McSorley got 18 months probation and a year ban from the NHL (he never came back). Cicarelli was fined $1000 and got a day in the slammer for his (he was already on probation for an unrelated offense at the time).

No. The QB was not injured or even knocked down by the helmet, he was looking around calling for the flag. Once Garrett was pulled out of the situation the fracas should have ended. Pouncey was just looking for an excuse to kick someone on the ground, which is a scumbag move.

anybody blaming Mason Rudolph for this is fucking nuts. Garrett should have been called for unneccesary roughness for slamming the QB down after he ha gotten rid of the ball and lets remember that it was a meaningless play at the end of the game that the Browns were actually going to WIN!! Rudolph didn't like the late hit and didn't like Garret laying on top of him so he pulled on Garrett's helmet a bit- big fucking deal. The dude was laying on top of Rudolph after a late hit- what was he supposed to do. As for kicking him in the nuts? I don't know what ya'll are watching- I watched five straight times and Rudolph puts his leg up to try and protect himself from getting his helmet ripped off. That ain't no kick to the nuts. Just Ridiculous.
Also, number 65 for the Browns also needs to be suspended because he came and blindsided a defenseless player with his back turned and NO HELMET when play was over. A complete pussy move by 65.

No. The QB was not injured or even knocked down by the helmet, he was looking around calling for the flag. Once Garrett was pulled out of the situation the fracas should have ended. Pouncey was just looking for an excuse to kick someone on the ground, which is a scumbag move.

I’ll just say that I’m glad you and I were never teammates.

2019 NFL Season Thread. Year 100. And there are none. Dolphins celebrate

Rudolph should be fined though. It didn’t escalate beyond a shitty play by Garrett until the helmet tug. That doesn’t put Rudolph at fault. Just acknowledges he was part of this mess.

The Steelers players and fans should be proud of Rudolph for not backing down and taking the fight to Garrett. He could have just whined about the helmet hit but he got back into it. That’s how a young QB earns the long term job.

Why should Rudolph be fined for something that's no worse than a 15-yard penalty ? Surely not because Garrett reacted like a lunatic.

is there a better time to a kick a man?

An even better way to earn the long term job would be to not throw 4 INTs against the Browns.

This. The NFL would have been doing the Steelers a favor by suspending Rudolph. That way they would have had no choice but to start Duck without formally benching Rudolph. From the little I've seen of Duck, I think he's better than Rudolph - and more mobile.

At some point today, someone said that Rudolph’s hand was stuck in Garrett’s face mask (not the one you can see pulling at the back of the helmet). Not sure if it is true or not, but it does explain both why rudolph wasn’t suspended and why he was pulling at the face mask in the first place. I am sure more will come out, but the play does look different if you believe he was trying to free his hand from the face mask.

garrett deserves a medal if he does this to big ben

You don't think Pouncey was just doing an admirable job of defending his quarterback, who had just had a helmet swung at his unprotected head?

Sure, that makes sense. Maybe if he had has a shiv in is boot and stabbed him that would be ok as well. Here hold him down while I kick him in the head. Only slightly worse than trying to hit Rudolph in the head with the helmet.

Based on this logic Hodges should have just clock CP3 in the face.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/4xscgw/chris_paul_nut_punching_compilation/

I have no problem w/Pouncey defending his QB (though it was great until he started repeatedly kicking him). However, the league has to suspend there. He could have stopped after Garrett was on the ground, but kept kicking. I would just give him a one or two-game suspension since Garrett's attack is/was borderline assault.

I was completely shocked when I saw it this morning. They (players, NFL, etc.) are all lucky that he didn't hit Rudolph on the side of the head. Garrett gets 8-10 games into next season. IMO, Rudolph should be fined & 65 gets 3 games for the blindside on a defenseless player.

Garret, especially, deserves what he gets, no excuse for the helmet thing, Pouncey is trying to kick anyone in the head deserves what he got at the least (how is that not over the line) and Rudolph, when you look at the details, pulling the helmet (did Garrett know he didn't have he ball, the announcers said he was sacked so they though he had the ball, then doing the 'hold me back' while I pretend I want to kick your ass move, just escalated it.)

All three players showed a lack of self control.
Garrett
Pouncey
Rudolph

Rudoph is not blameless.

Ruidolph started the problem by grabbing Garrett's facemask and repeatedly twisting his helmet. Rudolph deserves two games.

Back