• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 NFL Season Thread Year 100. Superbowl LIV Winner: Kansas City Chiefs

Uhh, the "he started it" argument is pretty much the basis of any self defense argument ever.

Not saying it applies to Garrett here, or that his actions were in any way excusable. Still think Rudolph is a Grayson Allen style bitch, though.

Self defense arguments are usually self reports. Self report is the most inaccurate argument that exists. It does not apply here.

Just a reminder of how dangerous last night was
https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/Movies/story?id=7119825&page=1

The NFL cannot allow even the remote chance that a player dies on the field, especially in a brawl (National Fatality League?), and Garrett's actions definitely could have caused a Natasha Richardson-like brain bleed issue. The arrest is necessary to show that these actions are beyond NFL related combat. The suspension for the rest of the year is obvious. The drug testing is needed to try to bring possible root causes, such as roid rage, to the light so they can be treated and dealt with.

btw, only one NFL player has died on the field, and it was due to heart attack. And they finished the game.

You guys calling for criminal charges realize how ridiculous that sounds, right? Anything that happens after the whistle could be construed as battery with that kind of precedent.

I don't think anyone was calling for Roughned Odor's arrest after he blasted Jose Bautista in the face. Or after Nolan Ryan blew up Robin Ventura. Or the dozens of goons in hockey guilty of a dirty hit/fight. Weird.

Probably should look to see if anyone in hockey has ever been charged with assault for their actions, and if those charges usually involved the use of a weapon like a stick which elevated the actions beyond the normal fighting. I’ll wait so you can see the precedent already exists.

Uhh, the "he started it" argument is pretty much the basis of any self defense argument ever.

Not saying it applies to Garrett here, or that his actions were in any way excusable. Still think Rudolph is a Grayson Allen style bitch, though.

Sure but a major part of self defense is not escalating the situation as well and this was clear cut escalation.

Sure but a major part of self defense is not escalating the situation as well and this was clear cut escalation.

Right. Agreed. York said the "he started it" argument ends after 3rd grade. It doesn't, just doesn't really apply here.

Also, nobody I've seen anywhere is saying that Garrett shouldn't receive the most severe punishment, but that Rudolph and Pouncey should also be punished for their roles in addition to Garrett's punishment.

Was't Marty McSorely charged for assaulting someone with his hockey stick? I think some hockey players have been charged.

Garrett indefinitely suspended.

Pouncey 3 games, Ogunjobi 1 game.

Also, nobody I've seen anywhere is saying that Garrett shouldn't receive the most severe punishment, but that Rudolph and Pouncey should also be punished for their roles in addition to Garrett's punishment.

You don't think Pouncey was just doing an admirable job of defending his quarterback, who had just had a helmet swung at his unprotected head?

You don't think Pouncey was just doing an admirable job of defending his quarterback, who had just had a helmet swung at his unprotected head?

He is a scumbag who was just relishing in his opportunity to kick someone laying on the ground. Another of Urban Meyer's finest.

Nothing for Rudolph? That is some bullshit.

Yep.

It's also funny that he called Garrett a "coward". Uhh, he's a psychopath, but a coward? You were the dude who kicked/tried to kick him in the balls (and rip his helmet off) while you were on the ground. That's as cowardly as it gets. He also said he would never "back down from a bully". Uhh, after you got hit (and were clearly not injured, thankfully), you literally threw your hands up and started crying to the refs while your OL fought your fight for you (I don't blame them at all).

Back