• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 NFL Season Thread Year 100. Superbowl LIV Winner: Kansas City Chiefs

Bears keeping Nagy, but three offensive assistants are gone. O-Coordinator, O-Line and Tight Ends coaches fired. The just fired offensive coordinator, Mark Helfrich, was head coach at Oregon prior to joining the Bears. Speculation is he will go back to college coaching.

Okay, now Cleveland is also getting rid of Dorsey. From Haslam's quote, it looks like he and Dorsey couldn't agree on a power sharing structure. Okay, Haslam is now officially as bad as Snyder. Dorsey took an 1-31 team, and in 2 years got them to playoff caliber talent, and Haslam is getting rid of him. Haslam is a complete moron.

Okay, now Cleveland is also getting rid of Dorsey. From Haslam's quote, it looks like he and Dorsey couldn't agree on a power sharing structure. Okay, Haslam is now officially as bad as Snyder. Dorsey took an 1-31 team, and in 2 years got them to playoff caliber talent, and Haslam is getting rid of him. Haslam is a complete moron.

Cleveland was listed as one of the comparable franchises to Washington in some of the writing about Bruce Allen being fired yesterday. https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...c4d654-2b19-11ea-9b60-817cc18cf173_story.html

Haslam gets bonus points for totally screwing up the Tennessee (UT) coaching search as well. He has to be the worst human in the history of the world at hiring football coaches.

This. He really cannot get enough credit for bottling up crazy and directing it positively for as long as he did.

Yep. He managed to turn Big Ben, AB, and Bell into a modern version of Aikman, Irvin, and Emmitt. And then it all fell apart and he still got them to .500 with Mason Rudolph and Duck Hodges. Tomlin is only about 2 years younger than Cowher was when he retired. If Steelers fans keep bitching about him, I could see him just leaving.

Bears keeping Nagy, but three offensive assistants are gone. O-Coordinator, O-Line and Tight Ends coaches fired. The just fired offensive coordinator, Mark Helfrich, was head coach at Oregon prior to joining the Bears. Speculation is he will go back to college coaching.

It has to really suck getting fired as OC knowing damn well that your garbage quarterback was never going to let you construct a decent offense.

Yep. He managed to turn Big Ben, AB, and Bell into a modern version of Aikman, Irvin, and Emmitt. And then it all fell apart and he still got them to .500 with Mason Rudolph and Duck Hodges. Tomlin is only about 2 years younger than Cowher was when he retired. If Steelers fans keep bitching about him, I could see him just leaving.

People who complain about Tomlin are just idiots.

rivera is a good fit in washington

just good enough to not get fired but not good enough that the redskins will actually be good

If he can get to "not terrible" that will be an accomplishment. the new GM/personnel guy/team president will have some impact. But Dannyboy's meddling will keep the team mediocre at best.

ETA: I am surprised Rivera agreed to a contract before the structure above him is in place. Right now, there isn't a head football personnel guy in Washington.

Last edited:
Now AB is back in the news calling his workout with the Saints a publicity stunt for the Saints. Heard on 1 of the morning shows the other day that the Saints had asked him not to bring an entourage to the workout, and he brought an entourage to the workout. So now he's burned bridges with Pit, Oak, NE and NO. I think AB has a personality disorder somewhere in the DSM5 - maybe narcissistic or borderline. And it's increasingly possible he's played his last down. In retrospect, it's pretty amazing how Tomlin and his staff kept his crazy ass under wraps for as long as they did. Probably couldn't have done that in a bigger media market like NY.

Narcissistic personality disorders are all the rage these days.

Narcissistic personality disorders are all the rage these days.

It's certainly not a disqualification from being president.

Deaconblue, I've been wondering the same thing about Rivera, but maybe Danny is letting him have considerable input in who gets the position, kinda like the Jets did with Gase helping pick Douglas. That's my guess. And they could be decent before too long if Haskins turns out to be okay. A front 7 that includes Allen, Payne, Ionnidis, Sweat, Kerrigan and Young would be imposing.

People who complain about Tomlin are just idiots.

No doubt. Outside of Belicheck, who obviously sold his soul to Satan a couple of decades ago, I don't think there's been a better coach in the last 25 years in the NFL.

No doubt. Outside of Belicheck, who obviously sold his soul to Satan a couple of decades ago, I don't think there's been a better coach in the last 25 years in the NFL.

[2&2slidertoidiot] TOM COUGHLIN!!!111!1!1 Too Rangs with ELIte [/2&2slidertoidiot]

It's certainly not a disqualification from being president.

Deaconblue, I've been wondering the same thing about Rivera, but maybe Danny is letting him have considerable input in who gets the position, kinda like the Jets did with Gase helping pick Douglas. That's my guess. And they could be decent before too long if Haskins turns out to be okay. A front 7 that includes Allen, Payne, Ionnidis, Sweat, Kerrigan and Young would be imposing.

Jack del Rio signing on as DC in DC.

Snyder press conference opening today, January 2, 2020, officially welcoming Rivera to Washington, "Happy Thanksgiving everybody..."

That's your boss, Ron Rivera. Good luck.

Jerruh still having meetings to decide what to do with Jason Garrett. Not signed to a new contract. Not officially declared gone. Limbo.

Jerruh still having meetings to decide what to do with Jason Garrett. Not signed to a new contract. Not officially declared gone. Limbo.

How hard can it be to quit Jason Garrett? I'm hoping he signs Garrett to an extension just for the sake of the a.m. talkshows. That could be what finally makes Stephen A.'s head explode, which would be a public service for us all.

How hard can it be to quit Jason Garrett? I'm hoping he signs Garrett to an extension just for the sake of the a.m. talkshows. That could be what finally makes Stephen A.'s head explode, which would be a public service for us all.

Nobody tells Jerruh what to do or when to do it. So, because everybody is saying to fire Jason Garrett now, Jerruh continues to ponder and wait.

What a maroon! He should have fired Garrett a couple years ago, but this year is was blatantly obvious that Dallas was under-coached. No way one of the best OL's in the league with Zeke, Cooper, a serviceable Dak, and average defense end up out of the play-offs from the weak as water NFC Least. What is there to negotiate?

24 sec with 3 timeouts left, it still felt like Brady was going to pull it out. That just felt good.

Jameis with the walk-off pick-6 to end the season with 30 INTs. That’s pretty much perfect.

The Browns fired Freddie Kitchens after a 6-10 season. Last season, they were 7-8-1. That's the best two year stretch for the Browns since the 2007 and 2008 seasons. The Browns fired all three coaches responsible for this 13-18-1 record. By the way, the Browns had 14 wins in 2007 and 2008 and they fired Romeo Crennel after that too. This is the first time since 2001 and 2002 that the Browns had two straight seasons with 6 or more wins. That was the first and only other time post-expansion.

Is Jerruh going to take Jason Garrett out for a nice steak dinner for one last go before dropping the ax?

Definitely this. Stephen A is weirdly a boys fan but hates the 'boys bandwagoners. His dream this year was to have the 'boys in contention at Christmas to lose and break the hearts of the bandwagon at Christmas (check - really how d you lose to the Eagles the barely have enough players to put on the field) then they still have a chance coming into the end of the year and the Eagles make it look possible only to make the Dak/Zeke/Cooper numbers meaningless. Of course Stephan A wanted the Eagles to lose and the boys to have a potential division winning drive thwarted.

Jerry is a dick. Garrett has been paid millions, he's screwing over the staff that are going to find themselves on the street in the next week. Who gives a crap about Garrett, he's like Manning, he's taken millions and hasn't produced it's the supporting cast that gets the short end.

Back