• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 NFL Season Thread Year 100. Superbowl LIV Winner: Kansas City Chiefs

man, if that replay review had said TD Seahawks it would have been quite the capper to the weekend for you.

Would have been even worse for him if the 49ers had taken a safety at the end instead of doing the QB sneak once they got the ball back on their own 1-foot line....

I love the NFL Coaching Carousel!

Retreads, the Rooney Rule, Hot young OCs, Overwhelmed college coaches... It's all so exciting.

OUT:
Carolina - Rivera
Redskins - Gruden
Cleveland - Kitchens

OUT, PROBABLY:
Jaguars - Marrone
Cowboys - Garrett
Giants - Shurmur

IN:
Redskins - Rivera

I really hate Rivera going to the Redskins, at least while Dan Snyder is the owner.

Is Jerruh going to take Jason Garrett out for a nice steak dinner for one last go before dropping the ax?

Crazy that the Saints were screwed by another blown PI call -- particularly when last year's blown call led to replay of PI, which has been so poorly implemented it's laughable.

I really hate Rivera going to the Redskins, at least while Dan Snyder is the owner.

Does that mean by implication that the Browns weren't interested in Rivera? Of the open positions, the Browns need a proven guy more than the rest, and I thought Rivera and Turner were the perfect option for Cleveland. But now they're going to chat with McDaniels and his Napoleon complex. He could end up pouring gasoline on the already burning Cuyahoga River, while Rivera is apparently going to be wasting away with Snyder and an iffier QB.

While it's nice to see Miami win and make NE play Tenn next week, they may now have to trade up in order to draft Tua. The order now is Cin, Was, Det, NYG, Mia, LAC, Car, Arz, Jax, Cle. Burrow is going #1 and Young #2. Without a clear #3, I see Det auctioning off that pick to the highest bidder. Mia and LAC are both looking to draft a QB, and maybe Car is too. Both Mia and LAC are in a good situation to draft Tua with Fitz and Taylor being able to start the season if you need to redshirt Tua. Gotta figure that Tua and Herbert go in the top 10, and it'll be interesting to see where Fromm and Eason go.

The Browns and Skins aren’t great but the Skins are a better situation.

The Browns and Skins aren’t great but the Skins are a better situation.

How is that? Snyder is 1 of the few owners who is demonstrably worse than Haslem, and Dorsey is an established GM who in 2 years infused a talentless roster with some decent talent. Despite the regression, I'd take Mayfield over Haskins, and you have Chubb, Hunt, OBJ and Landry as weapons and a decent D. They just need 2 OTs in what is a good OT draft. Wash has a LT who refuses to play for them, 1 good young WR, a talented but always injured RB and a weak back 7 after what will be a good front 4 with Young added to the mix. And a stadium filled with the opposing team's fans.

Cleveland just seems like a dumpster fire and the Browns organization sucks. I think most coaches would prefer coaching in Washington.

Funny to listen to the talking heads talk about so many teams that have "Super Bowl" level talent. So much talent "inflation".

Some tv guy thinks Jim Caldwell would be good for the Browns

Cleveland just seems like a dumpster fire and the Browns organization sucks. I think most coaches would prefer coaching in Washington.

This. The post-expansion Browns seem incapable of sustained success and have a quick trigger.

Didn't Washington win their division like 5 years ago?

When did the Browns last win their division?

I like the talent better in Cleveland. Both owners suck but Gruden got 6 seasons. We’ll see how the Ravens progress, but the sun seems to be setting on the Steelers for awhile which is good news in the rest of the division. cville says the Browns need two OT but Chubb had the second most rushing yards in the league this season.

Funny to listen to the talking heads talk about so many teams that have "Super Bowl" level talent. So much talent "inflation".

Some tv guy thinks Jim Caldwell would be good for the Browns

Caldwell might be a good choice for Cleveland. He's an established coach who has taken 2 teams to the playoffs. And he brought discipline to a Detroit team that was the most undisciplined and penalized team in football under Schwartz (and had a better record with mediocre talent in Detroit than Schwartz or Patricia). He'd be a good influence on Mayfield. But you have to question his age and health. He had to leave his assistant gig at the start of the year due to health reasons. I think he'd be a better QB/Asst HC option.

I understand the Browns history sucks. But Dorsey has assembled a better roster than the Skins have. They just prematurely promoted the wrong guy for the job last year. Should have hired Arians with Leftwich and Bowles.

I like the talent better in Cleveland. Both owners suck but Gruden got 6 seasons. We’ll see how the Ravens progress, but the sun seems to be setting on the Steelers for awhile which is good news in the rest of the division. cville says the Browns need two OT but Chubb had the second most rushing yards in the league this season.

Pass pro was terrible, and Robinson is a bad LT. Hubbard at RT isn't great either. Interior is better.

Crazy that the Saints were screwed by another blown PI call -- particularly when last year's blown call led to replay of PI, which has been so poorly implemented it's laughable.

Meah, that personal foul penalty on Garland which completely ruined the 49ers ability to run the clock out was absolute garbage.

Meah, that personal foul penalty on Garland which completely ruined the 49ers ability to run the clock out was absolute garbage.

You mean the one where the dude hit a guy a clear 2 seconds after the play had ended?

OK, then.

You mean the one where the dude hit a guy a clear 2 seconds after the play had ended?

OK, then.

Yeah the one where no one could possibly hear a whistle, and he’s continuing his pull block down field with no knowledge that the wr was taken down behind him.

Back