• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 NFL Season Thread Year 100. Superbowl LIV Winner: Kansas City Chiefs

Manning's career record is .500. Sorry, if you are a QB and your career record is .500 you have to be exceptional to even get a single vote for the HOF. A QB deserving of being in the HOF would have had a much better record.

ELEVEN times he was in the Top 10 in passes intercepted. He led the league four times. He is the active career leader in passes intercepted.

He is only the 24th career passer rating of his time. Sorry, that sucks.

Brett Favre has almost 100 more INTs thrown than Eli, should he not have gotten in? You can say he sucks all you want, but he is going to the HOF and likely on the first attempt.

Two rings, two Superbowl MVP trophies, 210 consecutive games = Hall of Fame.

Eli’s definitely in the HOF for both football and being a baby back bitch.

Two rings, two Superbowl MVP trophies, 210 consecutive games = Hall of Fame.

.500 career record doesn't equal Hall of Fame.

The consecutive game thing is nice but should AC Green be in the bball HOF for playing 200 more consecutive games than anyone else in league history?

.500 career record doesn't equal Hall of Fame.

The consecutive game thing is nice but should AC Green be in the bball HOF for playing 200 more consecutive games than anyone else in league history?

He isn't going to the HOF because of a .500 record, he is going regardless of it because of all of the other positives of his career. Every HOF player in every sport has some not-positives about his career. You get elected because of the degree the positives outweigh the negatives, which in Eli's case is a pretty wide gap.

The #1 thing a QB is supposed to do is help your team win. He didn't do that for most of his career.

Then, Gene Tenace should be in the baseball HOF for his WS exploits. So should Bobby Richardson. He was on multiple WS champs, was WS MVP. on more All Star teams in fewer years than Eli, won multiple Gold Gloves and he never sniffed the HOF.

Sorry, Eli is a mediocre player who had two good runs.

I know they all have similar career numbers, but if I were a voter, the only 1 out of that class I'd put in is Roethlisberger (and I hate the Steelers). I know QBs generally are over represented in the HOF over other positions, and in today's game, that's only going to get worse in this pass happy league. And I just don't see Rivers and Eli in the same class as guys like Peyton, Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Wilson, Roethlisberger, Luck (when healthy), Cam (when healthy) and Mahomes. Maybe even Stafford, who unfortunately has had to play for the Lions. I also see Kyler Murray as a budding star who might be in the same category as these others at some point.

Eli was never All Pro, 1st or 2nd team, and made the Pro Bowl four times, twice as an alternate for guys who dropped out (and one of those times as a second alternate)

Eli was never All Pro, 1st or 2nd team, and made the Pro Bowl four times, twice as an alternate for guys who dropped out (and one of those times as a second alternate)

Just looked through QB stats, and his highest QBR ranking was 8th 1 year and only had a couple of others in the top 10.

I’m going to vote against Eli for hall of fame just like I didn’t vote for Jeter.

Which would you rather be, 2-time All-Pro or 2-time Super Bowl MVP? The lack of a lesser award doesn't diminish or offset the greater award. He won the most prestigious individual award in the sport, twice.

Just looked through QB stats, and his highest QBR ranking was 8th 1 year and only had a couple of others in the top 10.

Who gives a shit what his QBR was? Those stats are to differentiate players who are otherwise equal, he has trophies that make him above those for whom you need those stats to differentiate amongst. It is like saying the #16 seed from the MEAC had a better OOC record than the #1 seed ACC champion - so what? The argument doesn't even reach discussion of those ancillary attributes.

Last edited:
If he gets to the HOF, he will have the worst w/l record of any QB. That differentiates him from the rest.

If he gets to the HOF, he will have the worst w/l record of any QB. That differentiates him from the rest.

But it doesn't keep him out. There is somebody now in the HOF with the worst w/l record of any QB in the HOF, how the hell did he get in?

I doubt there is any QB in the HOF who doesn't have a winning record like Eli.

EDIT: There is one, Sonny Jurgensen.

Last edited:

This and cville's QBR are much more relevant to me than winning percentage. A lot of great QB's get stuck on bad teams, defenses. A lot of bad-to-average QB's were on good teams. Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer, Jeff Hostetler, Bob Griese, and lame Peyton Manning all won SB's. Marino never did.

This and cville's QBR are much more relevant to me than winning percentage. A lot of great QB's get stuck on bad teams, defenses. A lot of bad-to-average QB's were on good teams. Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer, Jeff Hostetler, Bob Griese, and lame Peyton Manning all won SB's. Marino never did.

I think Eli will get in, though maybe not on the 1st ballot. Just don't think he deserves it. He's this generation's Griese or Stabler - all 3 were slightly better than average QBs who played on some great teams. And I wouldn't have voted for Stabler or Griese either.

how many years, if any, was Eli a top-five QB in the league?

at least Stabler and Griese had MVP and All-Pro seasons

<2&2>well he has two SBMVPs so at least two years </2&2>

Back