• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 offical College Football thread

You literally said those that schedule for UCF don’t think it’s true and I linked quotes from the UCF AD saying that exact thing. There are fans of any school who don’t care about football, even Gator fans.

2018 offical College Football thread

You literally said those that schedule for UCF don’t think it’s true and I linked quotes from the UCF AD saying that exact thing. There are fans of any school who don’t care about football, even Gator fans.

I was wrong to imply he’s being dishonest, he’s just delusional.

The part about my wife was clearly anecdotal and not germane to the larger point. Just a dig at UCF. It’s a commuter school.

I did like when they beat Auburn, though. That was fun. Looking forward to watching them play LSU.

Last edited:
And they do have some home and homes scheduled, so perhaps I’m being a bit harsh.

The matchups with Stanford are pretty good. Signed in 2014 when UCF was coming off a 12–1 season.

And they couldn’t have known these other ACC schools would suck.

Or that the games would get cancelled. UCF clearly isn’t ducking teams.

Here's a hilarious video about UCF fans from Scooter MacGruder, a UF grad.

Last edited:
Clemson and 'roids. Comment section on 247:

With an average sampling size of 10 players tested by the NCAA, that 3 tested positive suggest a widespread problem at Clemson. For the coach to suggest the use of tainted supplements or creams as the explanation strains credulity. If the University is serious they will test all the players prior to the playoff game and play only those who test negative. The integrity of the playoff results and of the University’s commitment to PED free athletics is at stake. This is not Clemson’s first steroid scandal, i, e. See, SI expose 1985. The use of Ostarin by bodybuilders and athletes is rampant - it is available from (offshore) online sources. Shame to those at the University who fail to expand the testing to the rest of the team. It takes courage to confront the scope of the abuse and take appropriate corrective action.

Reply+10

It would be a significant stain on the college football playoffs if the #2 seed was found to have a bunch of players using steroids.

Because of the findings on the Clemson team, everybody on all four teams should be tested. Only let the clean guys play. There is a big risk for the NCAA in doing that, so it won't happen.

All P5 players should be more frequently tested.

Every player in a playoff game should be tested.

It also sucks because BC was about to steamroll Boise St and the ACC doesn't get that extra W.

So would I.

Wait it out. What else is everyone going to do for the next few hours?

The power of TV, once they got to the point there was no way they could put it on TV because of conflicts with other programming, they probably decided to cancel it.

The power of TV, once they got to the point there was no way they could put it on TV because of conflicts with other programming, they probably decided to cancel it.

I don’t think it’s that simple. ESPN would be fine just streaming it or putting it on ESPNNews or the U if nothing live is on.

I don’t think it’s that simple. ESPN would be fine just streaming it or putting it on ESPNNews or the U if nothing live is on.

I assume the Cotton Bowl has lights, I don't guess that was the issue?

It's almost as if both teams decided they don't care enough to wait around and play it in the evening.

There are going to be some LIVID fans. Can you even imagine? These folks scheduled their holiday's around a football game that ended up not even being played.

It's like you're rewarded for being a good husband through a 9 month pregnancy and having sex for the first time all year, and things are going great, then all of the sudden you start ripping ass, your wife tells you that she won't continue having sex with you because the smells are too much to overcome, and you don't get to have sex again until the next year.

That's how I'd feel if I were a BC or Boise fan.

2018 offical College Football thread

Good write up on why the First Responders Bowl was cancelled. But even with persistent lightning strikes in the area, it doesn’t seem like a unique set of circumstances that warrant cancelling a bowl for the third time ever and first FBS cancellation since Pearl Harbor.

Why the First Responder Bowl became a rare canceled postseason game https://theathletic.com/734775/2018...-state-first-responder-bowl-canceled-weather/

Last edited:
It's almost as if both teams decided they don't care enough to wait around and play it in the evening.

There are going to be some LIVID fans. Can you even imagine? These folks scheduled their holiday's around a football game that ended up not even being played.

It's like you're rewarded for being a good husband through a 9 month pregnancy and having sex for the first time all year, and things are going great, then all of the sudden you start ripping ass, your wife tells you that she won't continue having sex with you because the smells are too much to overcome, and you don't get to have sex again until the next year.

That's how I'd feel if I were a BC or Boise fan.

This feels very specific and personal.

Good write up on why the First Responders Bowl was cancelled. But even with persistent lightning strikes in the area, it doesn’t seem like a unique set of circumstances that warrant cancelling a bowl for the third time ever and first FBS cancellation since Pearl Harbor.

Maybe the bowl didn’t want to get hurt before the draft?

With all that goes into getting a team to a game, the players and coaches and all the equipment, not to mention the fans that traveled, it seems they should’ve done everything they could to get it in.

Back