• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 offical College Football thread

Even if they had played the game in the morning without TV, the teams and fans would have received some satisfaction. Cancelling a bowl game...wow.

OTOH, Paul Johnson may wish that the Quick Lane Bowl had been cancelled.

Initial thoughts on bowl getting canceled:

1- Highlights how insignificant some of these bowls are, which is disappointing.

2- I’d be pissed if I spent the time and energy (and money) to make that trip to support my team and it was decided the game wasn’t important enough to be played. Good luck getting me back to any future bowl games as a fan of one of those teams.

Probably a little dramatic, I know.

Cal and TCU going to OT having scored twice as many points as BC did in a game that doesn't exist.

Both teams through 4 picks in regulation and Cal throws a pick to start OT. Almost a pick 6. TCU got a sideline penalty away from the ball to push them back to the 40. Geez. I'd be all for a rule change that if a team returns a turnover inside the 25 in OT, they get the ball at the spot.

Last edited:
Cal and TCU going to OT having scored twice as many points as BC did in a game that doesn't exist.

Both teams through 4 picks in regulation and Cal throws a pick to start OT. Almost a pick 6. TCU got a sideline penalty away from the ball to push them back to the 40. Geez. I'd be all for a rule change that if a team returns a turnover inside the 25 in OT, they get the ball at the spot.

Over/Under on the game was very low... Went from 41 to 38. Hilarious that they played through OT and still didn’t even come close.

The weather in DFW yesterday was bad, but not uncommon as far as North Texas rainstorms go. It did, however, persist through the night.

That TCU game was the worst football I’ve seen at any level. Poor TCU is just a shell of what they were on the first day of the season, but there was really no excuse to play that QB in the 2nd half, much less the 2nd quarter. Just go with the wildcat.

They cancelled that game 8 minutes in and aren't refunding any tickets?

So when Wake lands in the First Responder Bowl next year are you people all buying tickets ?

They cancelled that game 8 minutes in and aren't refunding any tickets?

The bowl and BC are both refunding tickets bought through them. The bowl initially said they wouldn’t then changed course last night. BC is also giving free tickets to any home sporting event between now and next December. I believe the bowl also gave an option of rolling over the tickets to next year and getting 2 free extras but I doubt many did that.

The weather in DFW yesterday was bad, but not uncommon as far as North Texas rainstorms go. It did, however, persist through the night.

That TCU game was the worst football I’ve seen at any level. Poor TCU is just a shell of what they were on the first day of the season, but there was really no excuse to play that QB in the 2nd half, much less the 2nd quarter. Just go with the wildcat.

The TCU backup QB was 1 for 1 for 1 yd.
he was also sacked for a 4 yd loss.
Overall, a net loss of 3 yds.

This is embarrassing, but at least he didn't have 4 interceptions like the starting QB.

Haven't been working much this week. While Tuesday Christmas is great for ruining an entire work week, I've been very disappointed w/ the lack of interesting sports on television over the last few days. After MNF, there hasn't been anything. And don't say NBA... Largely unwatchable until the playoffs. I get the lack of bowl games on Christmas, but the slate since then has been garbage, too. The ones they've played anyway.

And today is another poo-poo platter of 3 awful games.*

*Unless Duke loses by a lot. And I guess Miami/Wisconsin is worth having on the background while I'm forced to play with my kids.

He stayed in the tunnel until he was sure it wasn't Wake Forest he was facing today.

Back