• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 offical College Football thread

There really is no downside to a tackling a guy by the face mask near the goal line to prevent a TD. That's a shame.

This is like the opponent of the Cheez-It Bowl.

Many years ago, Wake had a guy come off the bench and make a tackle to prevent a breakaway score. Was a 15 yard penalty from the spot. But the other team didn't score on the drive.

Auburn has 49 points with 5 mintues left in the first half. In Auburn's 8 SEC games, including against weak defenses like Ole Miss and Arkansas, Auburn never scored more than 34 in any GAME.

Last edited:
If Auburn were the team getting destroyed the SEC lovers would do their usual dance and claim that Auburn wasn't motivated to play or didn't take the opponent seriously.

Auburn had the most dominant first half in college bowl history. Then, they scored on their first possession of the 2nd half to make it 63-7. Auburn could've scored 100 or more. Didn't see that coming. Their offense had been mediocre, at best, all year, and Purdue had been scrappy. Once Brohm decided he was staying, seemed like Purdue would give it's best effort. Far from it.

Sometimes, you can see a beat-down coming (like Army v. Houston or Bama v. OK), but didn't see this one playing out like this. Really embarrassing for the Boilermakers. Good for Auburn.

Auburn beat the PAC 12 champion in its second game of the season.

Auburn had the most dominant first half in college bowl history. Then, they scored on their first possession of the 2nd half to make it 63-7. Auburn could've scored 100 or more. Didn't see that coming. Their offense had been mediocre, at best, all year, and Purdue had been scrappy. Once Brohm decided he was staying, seemed like Purdue would give it's best effort. Far from it.

Sometimes, you can see a beat-down coming (like Army v. Houston or Bama v. OK), but didn't see this one playing out like this. Really embarrassing for the Boilermakers. Good for Auburn.

Well, when you have such dominant teams like the SEC has year in and year out, one could probably expect a few beat downs like this. I mean they did have 8 teams ranked in the final regular season
rankings by the committee. Starting with Vandy last night they did just start their bowl game playing season and finish up with 3 New Years games. Will be interesting to see how their record is given their much tougher bowl schedule is this year given the rest of the country.

Well, when you have such dominant teams like the SEC has year in and year out, one could probably expect a few beat downs like this. I mean they did have 8 teams ranked in the final regular season
rankings by the committee. Starting with Vandy last night they did just start their bowl game playing season and finish up with 3 New Years games. Will be interesting to see how their record is given their much tougher bowl schedule is this year given the rest of the country.

I’m an “SEC Guy”, but Auburn has been awful this year. This win is hardly a reason to get excited over the strength of the conference, because Purdue also sucks.

Apparently you don’t know TheReff who is about to celebrate his 7th national championship with Saban.

TheReff most definitely orders an overpriced bowl t-shirt for each SEC team who wins their bowl game and wears a different one each day of the week during the off-season.....you can not convince me otherwise.

Syracuse getting its act together against WV after a close, back and forth game for 3 quarters.
Dungy had a slow start, but now clicking. I wish Will Grier had played. Would have been a much more entertaining game.

Glad to see Dungey move on from the Atlantic. He was a gamer.

Anybody want to break down SCAR/UVA for me? Seems like a pretty even game (SCAR -3.5).

Many years ago, Wake had a guy come off the bench and make a tackle to prevent a breakaway score. Was a 15 yard penalty from the spot. But the other team didn't score on the drive.

If it’s clear the runner otherwise would have scored, I’m pretty sure the refs can award a touchdown when a guy comes off the bench to make a tackle.

If it’s clear the runner otherwise would have scored, I’m pretty sure the refs can award a touchdown when a guy comes off the bench to make a tackle.

But there's always a chance the runner could trip on his own before he got to the goal line.
Or, if it's a big ole lineman that picked up fumble, he could run out gas before he got there.
Or, lightning could strike him.
You never know.

Back